Subject: bug#45829: 28.0.50; Some tweaks to the color widget, from wid-edit+.el

From: Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 19:13:50 -0300

Severity: wishlist

Off-list, Drew offered me to take a look at his additions to
wid-edit.el, in wid-edit+.el [1], to see if some of it would be useful to
add in wid-edit.el itself.

I think the changes to the color widget are useful and straightforward
to bring to the Widget library (there is a FIXME asking for a :match
function for the color widget).

So I put the changes into a patch and gave it a commit message, and I'll
send it as soon as I get a bug number.

[1] https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/download/wid-edit%2b.el

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30, cairo version 1.15.10)
 of 2021-01-11 built on tbb-desktop
Repository revision: d8936322f43c88bb1cdebe1a50a7cc7eb0efe834
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12008000
System Description: Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND THREADS
TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: es_AR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: es_AR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: es_AR.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  bug-reference-prog-mode: t
  global-ede-mode: t
  ede-minor-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug sendmail log-edit magit-utils crm dash slime-tests
vc-mtn vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc-annotate
files-x grep term shell ehelp ert pcase wid-browse vc-dir ewoc mule-util
whitespace ielm add-log log-view pcvs-util cl-print debug backtrace
cus-edit misearch multi-isearch semantic/lex-spp ede/emacs semantic/db
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local vc-git bug-reference rx org-element avl-tree
ol-eww eww xdg url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus
nnselect gnus-search ol-docview doc-view image-mode exif ol-bibtex
bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m smerge-mode diff diff-mode jka-compr shr-color
flow-fill mm-archive gnus-fun eieio-opt shortdoc help-fns radix-tree
smiley gnus-cite mail-extr qp gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml disp-table
cursor-sensor nndraft nnmh nndoc nnfolder cl-extra help-mode gnutls
network-stream nsm gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig nntp
gnus-cache gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo
parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win dired-aux ede/dired
edmacro kmacro cus-start cus-load org-capture org-refile
solarized-dark-high-contrast-theme solarized-palettes solarized
solarized-faces color init-ext init-emms dbus emms-librefm-stream
emms-librefm-scrobbler emms-playlist-limit emms-volume
emms-volume-mixerctl emms-volume-pulse emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n
emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode
emms-bookmarks emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort
emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq
emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url emms-streams emms-show-all
emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-exiftool
emms-info-tinytag emms-info-metaflac emms-info-opusinfo
emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-info emms-later-do
emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc emms-player-mpv emms-player-mplayer
emms-player-simple emms-source-playlist emms-source-file locate dired
dired-loaddefs emms-setup emms emms-compat init-gnus gnus nnheader
gnus-util init-org org-clock org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core
ob-eval org-table ol org-keys org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs init-social
newsticker newst-treeview tree-widget newst-plainview newst-reader
newst-ticker newst-backend iso8601 time-date xml derived init-cedet
ede/speedbar ede/files ede ede/detect ede/base ede/auto ede/source
eieio-base eieio-speedbar speedbar ezimage dframe eieio-custom wid-edit
cedet init-octave init-rmail undigest rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils init-vc vc
vc-dispatcher init-cc-mode init-c init-yasnippet init-eshell eshell
esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups
esh-util init-lisp slime compile text-property-search etags fileloop
generator xref project arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline easy-mmode
pp comint ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt init-elisp init-global
finder-inf init-package slime-autoloads info package easymenu browse-url
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1258345 74841)
 (symbols 48 43820 3)
 (strings 32 179469 4671)
 (string-bytes 1 5243763)
 (vectors 16 75498)
 (vector-slots 8 1608981 191897)
 (floats 8 689 512)
 (intervals 56 81047 1132)
 (buffers 984 54))