Subject: bug#45826: SBCL / Common Lisp packages fail to build on aarch64

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 10:29:49 +0100

Hello Leo & Guillaume,

> That's a good observation. I hadn't thought of it.
>
> I'm CC-ing Mathieu Othacehe and guix-sysadmin so that we can disable
> these builds until we can fix the bug for real. Mathieu: this might
> explain why the build farm is spending all its effort on aarch64.

If we want to disable SBCL builds temporarily we can do something
similar to what I did to disable Rust builds on non-x86_64 architectures
here: 0ed631866cc0b7cece2b0a0b50e39b37ae91bb67.

Regarding the rebuilding that is a limitation of the new Cuirass remote
building mechanism I am aware of and I need to solve. As build failures
are only cached of the machine performing the build and the builds are
now distributed to all the machines across the build farm, we need to
find a way to centralize the builds failure cache.

It would also be nice to optionally publish the build failures cache so
that the user doesn't try to build a package that is known to be failing
on the build farm. Chris, have you encountered this issue with the Build
Coordinator?

Thanks,

Mathieu