Subject: Re: [bug#45825] [PATCH] gnu: Add efi_analyzer.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 23:02:24 +0100

Vincent,

Vincent Legoll 写道：
> * gnu/packages/engineering.scm (efi_analyzer): New variable.

Neat!

>  gnu/packages/engineering.scm | 27 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I failed to see any connection to engineering and moved this to 
efi.scm.

Don't forget to add or update your copyright line.

> +      (source (origin
> +                (method git-fetch)
> +                (uri (git-reference
> +                      (url 
> "https://github.com/xypron/efi_analyzer")
> +                      (commit commit)))
> +                (sha256
> +                 (base32 
> "1izdkzybqyvzpzqz6kx4j7y47j6aa2dsdrychzgs65466x1a4br1"))

I added a newline after ‘source’ to give this 81-character line 
some breathing room.

URLs, snippets, ... can grow wide and a few columns can save a 
pointless string-append or newlines.

> +                (file-name (string-append name "-" version 
> "-checkout"))))

This can be done with the

  (file-name (git-file-name name version))

helper.

> +      (arguments
> +       `(#:phases
> +         (modify-phases %standard-phases
> +           (delete 'configure))

Not a comment on your patch, but I added a 
‘support-cross-compilation’ phase here that replaces the 
Makefile's hard-coded ‘gcc’ so you can inspect EFI binaries on 
your cross-compiled ARM box.

> +         #:make-flags (list "prefix=" (string-append "DESTDIR=" 
> (assoc-ref %outputs "out")))))

The other way 'round: set $prefix (or the BSD variant $PREFIX) to 
the destination, and never set DESTDIR unless you're working 
around a bug in a broken build system.

DESTDIR is for distributions/builds using a temporary ‘staging’ 
destination directory.  Guix doesn't.

> +    (description
> +     "The EFI Analyzer can be used to check EFI binaries and to 
> print out header
> +and section information.")

Slash empty ‘x can y’ (or ‘x allows the user to y’) filler with 
gleeful prejudice.

Pushed with these changes as 
373f808df229c12101301b766bd1810836b98481.

Thanks!

T G-R