Subject: bug#45824: 27.1; term/screen.el not loaded when TERM=screen.xterm-256color

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 16:56:27 +0100

Alex Hutcheson <[email-masked]> writes:

> I just checked on two of my machines (running different distributions)
> and didn't see anything that looked like it would cause problems. Most
> were of the form "screen.something", and a couple terminfo files
> included dots within version specifiers (e.g. st-0.8 and st-0.7).

Hm...  but wouldn't that possibly cause problems?  That is, if your TERM
is 

linux2.6.26

then if we split on dots, then Emacs will first look for
"text/linux2.6.26.el", and then "term/linux2.6.el"...  and those are
indeed different terminfos as found on my system:

linux2.6
linux2.6.26

> The command I used to list all the relevant terminfo files was:
> find /lib/terminfo /usr/share/terminfo -name '*.*' -type f -exec
> basename '{}' ';' | sort -u

Now, there is no term/linux2.6.el, so perhaps this is irrelevant...  And
perhaps if there was a term/linux2.6.el, perhaps loading that would be
OK in this case?  Anybody got an opinion here?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no