Subject: Re: bug#45821: 28.0.50; Add UDP support for Emacs on Windows

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 17:41:05 +0200

Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> This patch from Robert Pluim adds that support, but needs somebody that
>>> actually uses Windows to test it.
>>> 
>>> As it stands you need to arrange for WORKING_SELECT_EMULATION to be
>>> defined.
>>
>> Why do we need that #ifdef?  Leaving it there means this is dead code
>> that will never be tested.
>
> Itʼs a WIP testing patch. If we applied it weʼd remove the ifdef (and
> maybe add a lisp-level control var to turn it off)

I tried applying the patch and building on Windows and...  er...
nothing happened?  That is, touching w32.c didn't lead to anything being
compiled.  So I guess I don't understand how this works under Windows.
(A mingw/non-mingw thing?)

I still think it would be very nice if we had UDP support under Windows,
so if somebody else could poke at this, that'd be cool.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no