Subject: bug#45821: Emacs UDP support on Windows

From: Alex Matei <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 15:31:11 +0000

So far I only tried running `make check` and I can see what appear to be random failures in all kinds of places (including vc code)

  *   Now this may be because most of the tests rely on `process-read` etc. that might have been caused by this patch .. but it feels a bit far fetched..

Can you please tell me what would be the best way to run the tests for the scope of this change? Is there a specific subset of tests that we can call?

Best
Alex

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows

From: Robert Pluim<mailto:[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, January 7, 2023 3:24 AM
To: Alex Matei<mailto:[email-masked]>
Cc: Eli Zaretskii<mailto:[email-masked]>; [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: bug#45821: Emacs UDP support on Windows

>>>>> On Fri, 06 Jan 2023 08:56:05 +0100, Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> said:

>>>>> On Thu, 5 Jan 2023 21:01:48 +0000, Alex Matei <[email-masked]> said:
    Alex> 🤷‍♂️Nevermind, I tested with the official build too (28.1)
    Alex> and seeing the same behavior -> I guess it shouldn’t be a
    Alex> regression..

    Alex> Also, for those of you who use EWW , is it expected for one instance
    Alex> of EWW, after you navigated across couple of pages, to have multiple
    Alex> network connections opened?

    Robert> Yes, I think thatʼs normal. Iʼve found that either eww or the
    Robert> underlying url library will tend to open a new connection for each
    Robert> resource on a web page, such as an image.

    Robert> As long as those connections end up closing then things are as
    Robert> expected.

BTW, have you tried running the test-suite to see if all the TLS
related cases still pass? I canʼt run it here, since gnutls-serv
segfaults during the tests, and I donʼt have the energy to figure out
how to build a debuggable version on MS-Windows

Robert
--