Subject: Re: bug#45821: Emacs UDP support on Windows

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2023 12:24:38 +0100

>>>>> On Fri, 06 Jan 2023 08:56:05 +0100, Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> said:

>>>>> On Thu, 5 Jan 2023 21:01:48 +0000, Alex Matei <[email-masked]> said:
    Alex> 🤷‍♂️Nevermind, I tested with the official build too (28.1)
    Alex> and seeing the same behavior -> I guess it shouldn’t be a
    Alex> regression..

    Alex> Also, for those of you who use EWW , is it expected for one instance
    Alex> of EWW, after you navigated across couple of pages, to have multiple
    Alex> network connections opened?

    Robert> Yes, I think thatʼs normal. Iʼve found that either eww or the
    Robert> underlying url library will tend to open a new connection for each
    Robert> resource on a web page, such as an image.

    Robert> As long as those connections end up closing then things are as
    Robert> expected.

BTW, have you tried running the test-suite to see if all the TLS
related cases still pass? I canʼt run it here, since gnutls-serv
segfaults during the tests, and I donʼt have the energy to figure out
how to build a debuggable version on MS-Windows

Robert
--