Subject: bug#45817: 28.0.50; Native fails

From: "Kirill A. Korinsky" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 16:04:29 +0100

Good day,

I've just upgraded emacs to last version of devel snapshot from emacs
ports with native support with local git root
8ad983c4acef60a80e8d6b6ba891b1ef957f2d7c and discovered that it can't
start nor my local config, nor emacs-doom. I haven't yet tried spacemacs
but expected that it will be the same issue.

For example with doom-emacs local git root
fc184852d0236769c971e94ec5ec220d8cd24fd1 I have error:

x There was an unexpected error
  Message: Native compiler error
  Data: (native-compiler-error lambda (arg5 &rest arg6) (let ((f #'message)) (apply f arg5 arg6)))
  Backtrace:
    (signal native-compiler-error ((lambda (arg5 &rest arg6) (let ((f #'messag
    (comp--native-compile (lambda (arg5 &rest arg6) (let ((f #'message)) (appl
    (comp-trampoline-compile message)
    (comp-subr-trampoline-install message)
    (fset message (closure ((message . #<subr message>) (log-buffer . #<buffer
    (progn (fset #'message vnew) (ignore message) (unwind-protect (catch 'exit
    (unwind-protect (progn (fset #'message vnew) (ignore message) (unwind-prot
    (let* ((vnew #'(lambda (msg &rest args) (save-current-buffer (set-buffer l
    (let ((message (symbol-function #'message))) (let* ((vnew #'(lambda (msg &
    (let* ((log-buffer (generate-new-buffer " *doom log*")) (standard-output #

you can easy achive it by run bin/doom sync

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin20.1.0, NS appkit-2022.10 Version 11.0.1 (Build 20B29))
of 2021-01-06 built on bigsurx.internal.macports.net
Repository revision: 80e26472206cc44837521ba594cd50e724d9af5c
Repository branch: HEAD
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2022
System Description:  macOS 11.1

Configured using:
'configure --prefix=/opt/local --disable-silent-rules --without-dbus
--without-gconf --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --with-gmp
--with-gnutls --with-json --with-xml2 --with-modules --infodir
/opt/local/share/info/emacs --with-ns --with-lcms2 --without-harfbuzz
--without-imagemagick --without-xaw3d --with-rsvg 'CFLAGS=-pipe -Os
-isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.0.sdk -arch
x86_64' 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include
-isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.0.sdk'
'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -Wl,-no_pie
-Wl,-syslibroot,/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.0.sdk
-arch x86_64''

Configured features:
JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG GLIB NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM NS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json map text-property-search time-date mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
warnings core core-lib pcase cl-macs cl-loaddefs cl-lib subr-x chemacs
seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv iso-transl tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win
ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue
cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 56202 65901)
(symbols 48 6980 30)
(strings 32 18794 8672)
(string-bytes 1 631184)
(vectors 16 11754)
(vector-slots 8 172409 91859)
(floats 8 28 310)
(intervals 56 235 64)
(buffers 984 12))

--
wbr, Kirill