Subject: bug#45814: [PATCH] [native-comp] drop -ldl on OpenBSD

From: Omar Polo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 14:18:51 +0100

Tags: patch

TL;DR: on openbsd the various dl* functions are in libc.  The attached
patch drops the -ldl here.

Longer version:

I wanted to try the native-comp.  On OpenBSD gcc 10 isn't available, and
gcc 8 doesn't bundle libgccjit.  I hacked the port of of gcc 8 to
provide also the libgccjit, but even if the "smoke test" worked,
building emacs with gcc8 and libgccjit failed.  (this was a couple of
months ago at least).  Today I gave it another shot and built gcc 10
from sources somewhere in my $HOME, and then managed to get emacs up and
running :)  -- honestly, given the amount of hacks to get gcc10 working
in $HOME I am surprised nothing has exploded yet.

I still get a bunch of warnings (atm *Warnings* is 301 lines long), but
they are related to how I installed libgccjit and gcc10, not emacs
itself.

Anyway, none of the above is really about the patch.  The only real
modification on the emacs side was to drop -ldl (and something related
get getopt_long, but I need to investigate that a bit more).

Thanks

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-unknown-openbsd6.8, X toolkit, cairo version 1.16.0, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2021-01-12 built on venera
Repository revision: ce0c9c349363b5dbea56f7e32c838a93c729263d
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12010000
System Description: OpenBSD venera 6.8 GENERIC.MP#223 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure CC=mygcc 'CFLAGS=-I /home/op/opt/gcc10/include/
 -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include' 'LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib
 -L/usr/local/lib -L/home/op/opt/gcc10/lib -lmyuglyhack'
 --prefix=/home/op/opt/native-emacs --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --with-nativecomp --without-makeinfo'

-- 
/Omar Polo