Subject: Re: bug#45799: 28.0.50; Faces shrink unreadable on GUI when foreground/background color set in TUI

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 15:01:28 +0200

Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]> writes:

> I don't see a bug here.  You have customized the default face in your
> init file, so that setting gets saved in a theme, the user theme, which
> takes precedence before all other themes you activate.  This is
> described in several places, like in the *Custom Themes* buffer itself:
>
>  Note: Your custom settings take precedence over theme settings.
>        To migrate your settings into a theme, click here.
>
> When you activate other themes, they do get activated, but your setting
> for the default face takes precedence, so it will not change, and that's
> why you have to unset your own customization of the default face, for
> the theme settings to kick in.

Skimming this bug report, this seems to be the conclusion, and I'm
therefore closing this bug report.  If there's something that should be
done here, please respond to the debbugs address and we'll reopen.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no