Subject: bug#45799: 28.0.50; Faces shrink unreadable on GUI when foreground/background color set in TUI

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 00:38:46 -0500

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > Someone will have to implement an infrastructure to allow users
  > customize faces separately for each type of frame.  The current
  > Customize machinery for faces was not supposed to allow that.

How many types of frames are there?  Just two (GUI and text)?  For
just two, it could be that a user could customize each one fairly
easily.  Make two files, .emacs.gui and .emacs.text, then have .emacs
choose to load one or the other of those two.  Then put the
customization for GUI terminals into .emacs.gui and that for text
terminals into .emacs.text.

It's not super-clean but it may be good enough.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)