Subject: Re: bug#45799: 28.0.50; Faces shrink unreadable on GUI when foreground/background color set in TUI

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 20:04:02 +0200

> Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 20:01:52 +0300
> From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> Now regarding the customize-themes, if I change themes by using
> emacsclient -nw in xterm, then themes change normally in GUI, I can
> observe it, but not that it reflects back in xterm. Maybe that is all
> alright and good as you say.

Please be more specific: which themes you tried to enable in -nw, what
happened, etc.  You are not giving enough details to investigate the
issue.  In general, only a small number of themes are suitable for
TTYs, but I'm not yet sure whether the problems you encountered are
due to this or to something else.  Please help me understand the issue
completely.

> I think since more than 1 year, I often in GUI to first unset
> foreground and background as otherwise I could not change the
> theme.

Please describe the steps to reproduce, and please also tell what
exactly does "could not change the theme" mean.

> Do you think it is bug?

I don't know yet, although it sounds like it is.  More detail is
needed.