Subject: Re: bug#45799: 28.0.50; Faces shrink unreadable on GUI when foreground/background color set in TUI

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 19:51:55 +0300

I have researched more. I am entering into this problem as I was used
to enter M-x customize-faces default from GUI and I was used that GUI
face height was by some default and it stays so.

When I however, entered from xterm, from console mode with
emacsclient -nw than after M-x customize-faces default I can see that
height is 1 point. And it is set to 1

   [X] Height: Value Menu Height in 1/10 pt: 1                                  

that is what I see if I enter customize-faces from console by using
server.

   [X] Height: Value Menu Height in 1/10 pt: 113

Is that normal behavior according to you?

It does not sound logical that Height on console should be displayed
as 1 as that does not relate to console height, I just guess so. I
think console height cannot be changed by Emacs. So if Emacs is
displaying height as 1 in customize-faces default in console, that is
not proper in my opinion.

The other issue about changing themes from console, let me verify that
one better and report back.

Jean