Subject: Re: bug#45751: [feature/native-comp] emacs keeps running 100% of CPU

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 20:14:53 +0000

Édouard Debry <[email-masked]> writes:

> I noticed that when launching emacs on linux (debian buster),
> it keeps on running 100% of the CPU and seems to gradually eat all
> memory, approximately 1-2% every minute.
>
> It seems related to native compiling. In the
> *Async-native-compile-log* I read :
>
> <=============================>
> Compiling
> /home/edouard/.emacs.d/elpa/color-theme-sanityinc-solarized-20200805.603/color-theme-sanityinc-solarized.el...

I see a similar issue with sanityinc-tomorrow.el, the compilation is way
slower than any other one but it completes eventually.  I guess is the
same issue you see and with sufficient RAM also sanityinc-solarized
should complete.

In case of of sanityinc-tomorrow I think is because of
`color-theme-sanityinc-tomorrow'.  This is a single function that after
macro expansion becomes enormous.

We need to make the compiler robust against these corner cases, I'll
have a look this week into adding some logic for that.

Thanks

  Andrea