Subject: bug#45751: closed (Re: bug#45751: [feature/native-comp] emacs keeps running 100% of CPU)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 08:02:02 +0000

Your bug report

#45751: [feature/native-comp] emacs keeps running 100% of CPU

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
45751: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=45751
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#45751: [feature/native-comp] emacs keeps running 100% of CPU
From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
To: akrl--- via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Édouard Debry <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 08:01:19 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

akrl--- via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text
editors" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Édouard Debry <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I noticed that when launching emacs on linux (debian buster),
>> it keeps on running 100% of the CPU and seems to gradually eat all
>> memory, approximately 1-2% every minute.
>>
>> It seems related to native compiling. In the
>> *Async-native-compile-log* I read :
>>
>> <=============================>
>> Compiling
>> /home/edouard/.emacs.d/elpa/color-theme-sanityinc-solarized-20200805.603/color-theme-sanityinc-solarized.el...
>
> Hi Édouard,
>
> with 0ffb3dfaa4 I'm now able to compile
> color-theme-sanityinc-solarized.el.
>
> Could you check works for you too?

As for me is working and no feedback was provided I'm closing this.

Happy to re-open in case.

Thanks!

  Andrea

Subject: [feature/native-comp] emacs keeps running 100% of CPU
From: Édouard Debry <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 00:44:44 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I noticed that when launching emacs on linux (debian buster),
it keeps on running 100% of the CPU and seems to gradually eat all
memory, approximately 1-2% every minute.

It seems related to native compiling. In the 
*Async-native-compile-log* I read :

<=============================>
Compiling 
/home/edouard/.emacs.d/elpa/color-theme-sanityinc-solarized-20200805.603/color-theme-sanityinc-solarized.el...

In color-theme-sanityinc-solarized:
color-theme-sanityinc-solarized.el:850:14: Warning: assignment to 
free
    variable ‘ansi-color-names-vector’
color-theme-sanityinc-solarized.el:851:14: Warning: assignment to 
free
    variable ‘ansi-color-faces-vector’

In end of data:
color-theme-sanityinc-solarized.el:878:1: Warning: the function
    ‘color-theme-install’ is not known to be defined.
<============================>

Furthermore "ps x" gives :
 1395 pts/1    Rsl+   7:51 /usr/local/bin/emacs --batch -l 
 /tmp/emacs-async-comp-color-theme-sanityinc-solarized-ENplTN.el

If I kill this process or close the *Async-native-compile-log, 
then this disappears.

I do not understand what is the trouble with this package. The 
native compilation of
this package seems to be endless.

But this could be related to the previous bug "excessive memory 
..." as I use the
same package theme on windows 10.