Subject: Re: bug#45729: [PATCH] system_process_attributes for OpenBSD

From: Omar Polo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 15:15:11 +0100

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Omar Polo <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> The attached patch implements system_process_attributes for OpenBSD.
>> With this I am able to use proced \o/
>
> Looks good to me, and I've tested it slightly on OpenBSD, and it seems
> to work fine, so I've now pushed it to Emacs 28.  (I see that your
> copyright is on file...  er...  OK, your entry has a timestamp of
> "2021-07-07", so that makes it even better -- it's from the future!)

Sorry, I don't understand this.  Do you mean the date in my copyright
assignment?  On the pdf I have, both my sign and the fsf one are dated
2021-01-07.  I'm missing something?

> (Oh, one minor note for future patches -- using "git format-patch" (or
> something similar) to format it is usually a good idea, because then
> it'll apply automatically.  I had to do a "patch -p0" here.)

Sorry, I was playing with another vcs and I forgot to re-test the patch
before sending.  I'll pay more attention in the future.

>> Should the patch include an entry in etc/NEWS?
>
> I've added one.

Thanks!

Omar Polo