Subject: bug#45701: 28.0.50; [feature/native-comp] (33b8ce8) `M-x report-emacs-bug` error: "Wrong type argument: stringp, nil"

From: Jim Myhrberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2021 23:54:56 +0000

I'm afraid I can't reproduce the `M-x report-emacs-bug` issue on
33b8ce8, both with -Q and with my full config. I'm currently on macOS
Big Sur 11.1 (20C69) and Xcode 12.3 (12C33), with all the latest
dependencies from the Brewfile installed. But I have a build of commit
bd693cc (2020-12-25) from macOS Catalina 10.15.7 which does not
exhibit the issue either.

Justin, if your Xcode or Homebrew deps are not fully up to date, I'd
say start there, I've seen odd behavior a few times fixed by simply
updating deps.

> I've been trying to isolate the commit that introduced the reported
> issue and it appears to be between commits `0f561ee` (issue not
> present) and `a3f2373` (issue present).

As far as I can tell commit 0f561ee is from the master branch, so it
does not include any of the changes from the feature/native-comp
branch. I tend to use this as a quick way to see recent commits:
https://github.com/emacs-mirror/emacs/compare/feature/native-comp

And probably of less use in this particular case, but I maintain a
list of feature/native-comp commits which have yielded problem free
builds for me: https://github.com/jimeh/build-emacs-for-macos/issues/6