Subject: Re: [bug#45692] [PATCH 0/3] Better Support for ZFS on Guix

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 19:38:54 +0100

Hi Maxime,

On Thu, 17 Mar 2022 at 18:23, Maxime Devos <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I have been more-or-less ignoring the ZFS patches since some time after
> <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/45692#44>.  If ZFS people(^), after a
> disagreement about licensing concerns, directly jump to accusations of
> gaslighting and sabogate, completely ignoring my previous arguments (*)
> without trying to refute any of them or bringing new arguments, then I
> don't want to be involved with ZFS.

I sympathize with you Maxime.

> Also, the various ‘work-arounds’ around the GPL<->CDLL incompatibility
> still seem super fishy to me even if they _might_ be technically
> correct.  To me, this makes reviewing the code practically pointless --
> why review the zfs service patches if they will have to be reverted
> due to incompatibility concerns anyway?  Summarised:

You wrote:

        To be clear, I don't oppose the inclusion of the ZFS service on
        basis of the licensing anymore.

        <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/45692#57>

an your accurate summary gives me the impression you changed your
mind.  Just to be sure, did you ?

Cheers,
simon