Subject: Re: [bug#45692] [PATCH v4 3/3] gnu: Add ZFS service type.

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 11:42:09 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, 15 Sep 2021 at 14:04, raid5atemyhomework <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> Okay. I'm busy right now, so will get around to updating the patch next week.
>
> Scratch that, I'm busy this week as well, maybe next next week.

Hope that you will find the time next next week. :-)

Just a comment to ease the application of patch.  Once rebased on
origin/master, you should create the patch set using:

  git format-patch --base=origin/master

because then it ends with this, for instance,

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
base-commit: d14221bf65cfbe7f8f5b7cac44132087cab70bf5
-- 
2.28.0
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

which provide the commit where the patch applies and thus ease work at
review time, IMHO.  See details [1].

Cheers,
simon

1: <http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/43946>