Subject: Gaslighting

From: Mason Loring Bliss <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 17:24:00 -0400

Maxime writes,
  
    > The GPL violation is very unfortunate. It would have been nice to
    > have some ZFS support in Guix.

There is no GPL violation. Gaslighting in an attempt to sabotage the
adoption of high-quality free software is somewhat poor form and not at all
useful.

To be clear, the one singular thing that would be a GPL violation would be
Guix building Linux with ZFS built in and then distributing that binary.
Users can build ZFS into their kernels and use them and that's fine as long
as they don't distribute them. Guix can script this to make it easy for
users to build ZFS into their kernels and that would not be a violation.
The only possible violation is distribution of a binary Linux kernel with
ZFS compiled into it.

Hope that helps.

-- 
Mason Loring Bliss             [email-masked]            Ewige Blumenkraft!
(if awake 'sleep (aref #(sleep dream) (random 2))) -- Hamlet, Act III, Scene I