Subject: Re: [bug#45692] [PATCH v3 0/3] New patch series for Even Better ZFS Support on Guix

From: Léo Le Bouter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2021 14:55:03 +0200

Thanks a lot for the patches!

On Mon, 2021-03-22 at 14:33 +0000, raid5atemyhomework via Guix-patches
via wrote:
> Personally I'm not particularly motivated to push this anymore.  I
> have a frankenstein's `configuration.scm` that gets me the bits of
> ZFS functionality that I absolutely need, with the rest something I'm
> just living without, and while it would be *nice* to have *some* out-
> of-the-box support for ZFS (or at least make it easy to get a box to
> get support for ZFS out of), I personally don't need it at this
> point.

I understand your frustration but also understand that the people who
are able to review your patches can't make themselves available in the
way you desire, there's lots of pending patches to GNU Guix and as much
as ZFS support is valuable, there's also lots of other things that are
valuable and are in the backlog.

> Patch 1/3 corresponds to the original Patch 1/4.  Patch 2/3 has no
> corresponding patch in the original patch set, but is the same patch
> as https://issues.guix.gnu.org/47134 which nobody is looking at, as
> usual.  Patch 3/3 corresponds to the original Patch 4/4.

Please do not blame or shame us for not looking at patches, it's not
very nice, we do our best, at all times. We are overworked and the
people who are knowledgeable about GNU Guix and Scheme particularily
so. I don't feel like I am knowledgeable about Scheme and GNU Guix
enough to review your patches, sorry for that.

Léo