Subject: bug#45691: closed (Re: bug#45691: 28.0.50; dired-do-copy leaks metadata in remote Dired buffers)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 16:10:01 +0000

Your bug report

#45691: 28.0.50; dired-do-copy leaks metadata in remote Dired buffers

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
45691: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=45691
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#45691: 28.0.50; dired-do-copy leaks metadata in remote Dired buffers
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Tino Calancha <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 17:09:37 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Tino Calancha <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Tino,

> I confirm that it is working fine now.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm closing the bug.

> Thank you Michael!

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 28.0.50; dired-do-copy leaks metadata in remote Dired buffers
From: Tino Calancha <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 15:45:41 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

X-Debbugs-Cc: [email-masked],[email-masked]

After commit 'Fix error in tramp-sh-handle-insert-directory'
(f5a1315f1ea035f30d1161e4af200acafdfebe01)
copying a file with `direddo-copy' inserts internal metadata in the
Dired buffer.

To reproduce:

emacs -Q /sudo::/home/USERNAME
;; copy an existent file in a Tramp Dired buffer as follows:
j test-file RET
C test-file-copy RET
;; In addition to the copied file, the following internal metadata is included in the buffer:
//DIRED// 41 48
//DIRED-OPTIONS// --quoting-style=literal

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 4, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.16.0, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2021-01-06 built on localhost.example.com
Repository revision: f5a1315f1ea035f30d1161e4af200acafdfebe01
Repository branch: bisect
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12010000
System Description: openSUSE Tumbleweed

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG CAIRO SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
LUCID X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS PDUMPER

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny rfc822 mml easymenu
mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs tramp-cache
tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-compat shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring parse-time iso8601
time-date ls-lisp format-spec auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs cl-loaddefs cl-lib password-cache json subr-x map
seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv iso-transl tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 71072 9392)
 (symbols 48 8335 1)
 (strings 32 26609 1818)
 (string-bytes 1 939429)
 (vectors 16 15206)
 (vector-slots 8 209157 11436)
 (floats 8 40 31)
 (intervals 56 1065 322)
 (buffers 984 12))