Subject: Re: bug#45688: 28.0.50; New action for display-buffer?

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 10:36:06 +0200

close 45688 28.1
quit

According to Lars

 >>> Would we then be able to close this bug or is there anything else left?
 >>
 >> I don't know, Lars opened this request.  And I reported this problem
 >> only after you mentioned 'temp-buffer-resize-mode'.
 >
 > I think the originally requested XEmacs-like action for display-buffer
 > works OK?  At least it did the last time I tested it, if I remember
 > correctly.

and according to you

 >> A separate request could be created for customization of
 >> shrink-window-if-larger-than-buffer in vc-log, vc-diff.  (I mistakenly
 >> assumed that help-mode uses shrink-window-if-larger-than-buffer, but
 >> actually help-mode resizes with 'temp-buffer-resize-mode').
 >
 > A separate request was created in bug#51062.

I'm closing this bug then to avoid further confusions.

Thanks, martin