Subject: 28.0.50; Fix gnus-score-find-score-files-function example

From: David Edmondson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2021 12:18:10 +0000

The example provided in the gnus manual on how to use a list of
functions as the value for gnus-score-find-score-files-function is
incorrect and results in an error when used:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (invalid-function "all.SCORE")
  ("all.SCORE")
  (lambda (group) ("all.SCORE"))("nntp+gmane:gmane.linux.kernel")
  gnus-all-score-files()
  gnus-possibly-score-headers()
  gnus-summary-read-group-1("nntp+gmane:gmane.linux.kernel" nil t nil nil nil)
  gnus-summary-read-group("nntp+gmane:gmane.linux.kernel" nil t nil nil nil nil)
  gnus-group-read-group(nil t)
  gnus-group-select-group(nil)
  gnus-topic-select-group(nil)
  funcall-interactively(gnus-topic-select-group nil)
  call-interactively(gnus-topic-select-group nil nil)
  command-execute(gnus-topic-select-group)

A patch to fix the example in the documentation follows.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.16.0, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2020-12-26 built on zarquon
Repository revision: f9264a3878ba6366aacdf80e3ebba3ba799415a6
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12010000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid'

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT
LIBOTF ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS
LIBSYSTEMD JSON PDUMPER LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_TIME: C
  value of $LANG: en_GB.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Magit

Minor modes in effect:
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  company-prescient-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  rcirc-track-minor-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  selectrum-prescient-mode: t
  dired-async-mode: t
  global-ligature-mode: t
  ligature-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  selectrum-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/dme/.emacs.d/elpa/modus-themes-20201206.1108/modus-vivendi-theme hides /home/dme/.emacs.d/elpa/modus-vivendi-theme-0.12.0/modus-vivendi-theme

Features:
(shadow emacsbug goto-addr nnfolder cl-print debug vc-mtn vc-hg vc-bzr
vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs whitespace log-view magit-extras
bug-reference texinfo face-remap magit-annex magit-bookmark
magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog
magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status
magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff
magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient magit-process
magit-mode git-commit transient magit-git magit-section log-edit
pcvs-util add-log with-editor async-bytecomp magit-utils gnus-dired
two-column bbdb-message sendmail ol-eww eww xdg url-queue mm-url
ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search eieio-opt
speedbar ezimage dframe ol-docview doc-view ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb
ol-w3m mule-util misearch multi-isearch char-fold qp url-http url-gw
url-cache url-auth sort smiley gnus-cite flow-fill mm-archive mail-extr
gnus-bcklg gnus-async vc-git autorevert filenotify gnus-kill gnus-ml
disp-table gnus-topic nndraft nnmh utf-7 gnutls network-stream nsm
bbdb-gnus nnnil gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-cache
gnus-sum bbdb-mua bbdb-com bbdb bbdb-site timezone gnus-demon nntp
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader server modus-vivendi-theme
modus-themes dme:bug warnings literate-calc-mode calc calc-loaddefs
calc-macs org-superstar org-element avl-tree org-notmuch org-protocol
ob-shell shell shr kinsoku svg xml dom orgalist org ob ob-tangle ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs message rmc puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader footnote smerge-mode diff
ediff ediff-merg ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init
ediff-util pdf-occur ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs tablist
tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent
semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet pdf-isearch
let-alist pdf-misc pdf-tools compile comint ansi-color cus-edit
cus-start cus-load wid-edit pdf-view bookmark text-property-search pp
jka-compr pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util format-spec image-mode exif
which-key rust-mode company-prescient company-oddmuse company-keywords
company-etags etags fileloop generator xref project company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-clang
company-capf company-cmake company-semantic company-template
company-bbdb company pcase rcirc time-date multiple-cursors
mc-separate-operations rectangular-region-mode mc-mark-pop mc-edit-lines
mc-hide-unmatched-lines-mode mc-mark-more mc-cycle-cursors
multiple-cursors-core rect yasnippet browse-kill-ring delsel helpful
imenu trace edebug backtrace info-look find-func f dash-functional
help-fns radix-tree elisp-refs s hydra ring lv diff-hl vc-dir ewoc
diff-mode vc vc-dispatcher smart-mode-line-respectful-theme
smart-mode-line-light-theme smart-mode-line rich-minority marginalia
selectrum-prescient prescient selectrum minibuf-eldef crm dired-async
dired-aux async markdown-mode rx color noutline outline smartparens
thingatpt dash paredit flyspell ispell git-annex advice dired-x dired
dired-loaddefs epa derived epg epg-config diminish exec-path-from-shell
ligature cl-extra help-mode time paren use-package use-package-ensure
use-package-delight use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key
use-package-core edmacro kmacro finder-inf easy-mmode cl info package
easymenu browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 871727 149050)
 (symbols 48 52856 19)
 (strings 32 229409 35548)
 (string-bytes 1 6759247)
 (vectors 16 94205)
 (vector-slots 8 1962140 219152)
 (floats 8 648 497)
 (intervals 56 17054 2466)
 (buffers 984 86))

dme.
-- 
Here I am, a rabbit-hearted girl.