Subject: bug#45671: 28.0.50; Permission denied when removing eln-cache and stuck in endless loop

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2021 11:27:00 +0000

[re-adding the bug in Cc]

Anders Stenman <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello Andrea,
>
> More info: The problem seems to occur after updating packages. If I
> then try to quit emacs, I get the normal question regarding that
> subprocesses are running and I have confirm exiting. After entering
> "yes" I get a dialog telling me that emacs has crashed.
>
> Kind regards,
> /Anders

Hi Anders,

as mentioned I think the issue is on `comp-delete-or-replace-file'.
This is probably trying to delete a file that Windows does not allow to
be deleted (being a shared library still a loaded).

As you can see `comp-delete-or-replace-file' has some specific Windows
handling that someone on a Windows system should debug ;)

Thanks

  Andrea