Subject: bug#45668: closed (Re: bug#45668: Acknowledgement (28.0.50; image-mode does not respect EXIF orientation))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2021 09:00:02 +0000

Your bug report

#45668: 28.0.50; image-mode does not respect EXIF orientation

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
45668: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=45668
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#45668: Acknowledgement (28.0.50; image-mode does not respect EXIF orientation)
From: Dima Kogan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2021 00:59:18 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Actually, it works ok. Apparently my build of emacs was not using
imagemagick. Enabling that makes the images show up right-side up.

I'm closing the bug.

Subject: 28.0.50; image-mode does not respect EXIF orientation
From: Dima Kogan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2021 21:27:31 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi. I'm opening an image with an EXIF orientation tag, and emacs does
not respect this orientation tag.

This was fixed earlier in

  https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22591

I'm wondering if the autoconf switch is implemented improperly. I'm
seeing the relevant code in image.c blocked in

  #ifdef HAVE_MAGICKAUTOORIENTIMAGE

but it's not obvious to me that the autoconf logic exists to ever turn
this on. I'm not an expert in autoconf. Can somebody please check?

Thanks!