Subject: Re: bug#45654: Building guile on x86_64 for aarch64 fails because of a missing guile

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 12:14:32 +0100

Hi,

Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> while setting up the build environment: executing `/gnu/store/x3gq648qnfnla7nppyfjvj62s2i8y7rl-guile-3.0.2/bin/guile': No such file or directory

[...]

> I just came across this today myself. try 'sudo herd restart
> guix-daemon'. It's what made it suddenly start working for me (I
> reconfigured to add qemu-binfmt service without restarting).

For the record, this is necessary because when you reconfigure,
qemu-binfmt might set store file names that differ from those passed as
‘--chroot-directory’ options to guix-daemon.

To make sure both are in sync:

  sudo herd restart qemu-binfmt
  sudo herd restart guix-daemon

Stefan: I recommend against ‘--disable-chroot’ as anything could leak
into build processes.

Thanks,
Ludo’.