Subject: Re: bug#45631: 27.1; regression: message-forward-ignored-headers no longer applies when forwarding as MIME

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 17:17:55 +0100

Daniel Kahn Gillmor <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> Either or both (or neither) of these variables might be applied in any
>>> of the three scenarios.  If both are applied, i have no idea which order
>>> they are applied in, so applying both is probably not a great idea. ☹
>>
>> Both are applied.
>
> In all cases?  I think neither are applied in case 3, right?
>
> At any rate, if they're typically applied in tandem, it seems like their
> help text should probably refer to each other -- this discussion is the
> first place i've learned about message-forward-included-headers :/

Indeed.

>> We can't change when they're applied, because that will break people's
>> setups.  So we have to introduce a new variable for 3).
>
> In case 3, neither are currently applied.
>
> The only thing i'm asking for is to apply *only* the blocklist in case
> 3.  What setups will that break?

It's just surprising behaviour -- that Message will strip a completely
different set of headers based on what forwarding method is used.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no