Subject: Re: bug#45631: 27.1; regression: message-forward-ignored-headers no longer applies when forwarding as MIME

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 11:19:58 -0500

On Tue 2021-01-19 04:12:02 +0100, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Daniel Kahn Gillmor <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Either or both (or neither) of these variables might be applied in any
>> of the three scenarios.  If both are applied, i have no idea which order
>> they are applied in, so applying both is probably not a great idea. ☹
>
> Both are applied.

In all cases?  I think neither are applied in case 3, right?

At any rate, if they're typically applied in tandem, it seems like their
help text should probably refer to each other -- this discussion is the
first place i've learned about message-forward-included-headers :/

> We can't change when they're applied, because that will break people's
> setups.  So we have to introduce a new variable for 3).

In case 3, neither are currently applied.

The only thing i'm asking for is to apply *only* the blocklist in case
3.  What setups will that break?

    --dkg