Subject: bug#4561: 23.1; Crash when removing external display

From: Rudolph van Graan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 15:57:23 +0200

If you unplug a secondary/external display, or if you move Emacs from  
one display to another on a Mac, it crashes.

Process:         Emacs [36940]
Path:            /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs
Identifier:      org.gnu.Emacs
Version:         Version 23.1 (9.0)
Code Type:       X86 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [122]

Date/Time:       2009-09-26 15:53:09.072 +0200
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.6.1 (10B504)
Report Version:  6

Interval Since Last Report:          98782 sec
Crashes Since Last Report:           1
Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  37785 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   1
Anonymous UUID:                      1049E9E0-5DCB-4CE4-B6A3- 
E460FEB74CFF

Exception Type:  EXC_ARITHMETIC (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: EXC_I386_DIV (divide by zero)
Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Application Specific Information:
abort() called

Thread 0 Crashed:  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x943d7912 __kill + 10
1   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x943d7904 kill$UNIX2003 + 32
2   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x9446ab99 raise + 26
3   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x94480c50 abort + 93
4   org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0016c145 ns_term_shutdown + 117
5   org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000918cf fatal_error_signal + 399
6   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x943dcb9b _sigtramp + 43
7   ???                           	0xffffffff 0 + 4294967295
8   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x9446ab99 raise + 26
9   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x94480c50 abort + 93
10  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00109cd5 Fsignal + 501
11  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00109df8 xsignal + 24
12  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0010a9f4 xsignal0 + 36
13  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000f984e arith_error + 158
14  libSystem.B.dylib             	0x943dcb9b _sigtramp + 43
15  ???                           	0xffffffff 0 + 4294967295
16  com.apple.AppKit              	0x93b4cf9a -[NSView  
resizeWithOldSuperviewSize:] + 414
17  com.apple.AppKit              	0x93ac29c4 -[NSView  
resizeSubviewsWithOldSize:] + 177
18  com.apple.AppKit              	0x93abce2d -[NSView setFrameSize:]  
+ 713
19  com.apple.AppKit              	0x93ac0e02 -[NSWindow  
_oldPlaceWindow:] + 1638
20  com.apple.AppKit              	0x93abffc1 -[NSWindow  
_setFrameCommon:display:stashSize:] + 1790
21  com.apple.AppKit              	0x93abf8bc -[NSWindow  
setFrame:display:] + 78
22  com.apple.AppKit              	0x93d323ea -[NSWindow  
_adjustWindowToScreen] + 1040
23  com.apple.AppKit              	0x93d31fbe -[NSWindow  
_displayChanged] + 77
24  com.apple.AppKit              	0x93add23e -[NSApplication  
makeWindowsPerform:inOrder:] + 464
25  com.apple.AppKit              	0x93d3199b -[NSApplication  
_reactToDisplayChanged:resetScreens:] + 101
26  com.apple.AppKit              	0x93b0eceb -[NSApplication  
sendEvent:] + 6431
27  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0016c2b5 -[EmacsApp sendEvent:] +  
165
28  com.apple.AppKit              	0x93aa26fb -[NSApplication run] + 917
29  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0016a6b3 ns_read_socket + 307
30  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0009d9c1 read_avail_input + 289
31  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0016aa84 ns_select + 484
32  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0014eb18  
wait_reading_process_output + 1064
33  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0009f759 read_char + 3593
34  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000a1b24 read_key_sequence + 884
35  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000a404a command_loop_1 + 570
36  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0010784d internal_condition_case  
+ 253
37  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00093b78 command_loop_2 + 72
38  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x0010772c internal_catch + 172
39  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x000938ce command_loop + 174
40  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00093992 recursive_edit_1 + 146
41  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00093b11 Frecursive_edit + 257
42  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00092455 main + 2885
43  org.gnu.Emacs                 	0x00002976 start + 54

Thread 1:  Dispatch queue: com.apple.libdispatch-manager
0   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x9439d03a kevent + 10
1   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x9439d768 _dispatch_mgr_invoke + 215
2   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x9439cbf9 _dispatch_queue_invoke +  
183
3   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x9439c98a _dispatch_worker_thread2  
+ 234
4   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x9439c401 _pthread_wqthread + 390
5   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x9439c246 start_wqthread + 30

Thread 2:
0   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x9439c092 __workq_kernreturn + 10
1   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x9439c628 _pthread_wqthread + 941
2   libSystem.B.dylib             	0x9439c246 start_wqthread + 30

Thread 0 crashed with X86 Thread State (32-bit):
   eax: 0x00000000  ebx: 0x94480bff  ecx: 0xbfffddfc  edx: 0x943d7912
   edi: 0x00000006  esi: 0x00000006  ebp: 0xbfffde18  esp: 0xbfffddfc
    ss: 0x0000001f  efl: 0x00000286  eip: 0x943d7912   cs: 0x00000007
    ds: 0x0000001f   es: 0x0000001f   fs: 0x00000000   gs: 0x00000037
   cr2: 0x1841b000

Binary Images:
     0x1000 -   0x1abffb +org.gnu.Emacs Version 23.1 (9.0)  
<EFC74222-0C28-7AF2-C273-C7A64A175453> /Applications/MacPorts/ 
Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs
   0x3fe000 -   0x432fcf  libncurses.5.dylib ??? (???) /usr/lib/ 
libncurses.5.dylib
   0x7c1000 -   0x7c4ff3  libFontRegistryUI.dylib ??? (???)  
<6211FDD4-5C93-542F-7B8E-AA37C679EF48> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/ATS.framework/Resources/ 
libFontRegistryUI.dylib
0x17cce000 - 0x17cd5fff +com.getdropbox.finderplugin ??? (169)  
<7C7E647C-4A1A-FC30-BCF4-62504D2A8A5C> /Users/rvg/Library/Contextual  
Menu Items/DropboxPlugin.plugin/Contents/MacOS/DropboxPlugin
0x17fae000 - 0x17fb4fff +com.CircusPonies.NoteBookCMPlugIn 1.81  
(1.81) /Users/rvg/Library/Contextual Menu Items/ 
NoteBookCMPlugIn.plugin/Contents/MacOS/NoteBookCMPlugIn
0x8fe00000 - 0x8fe4162b  dyld 132.1 (???) <211AF0DD-42D9-79C8- 
BB6A-1F4BEEF4B4AB> /usr/lib/dyld
0x90014000 - 0x9001eff7  com.apple.HelpData 2.0.3 (33) <AD60F037-CE57- 
C93A-F865-2CEEE3F08F31> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ 
HelpData.framework/Versions/A/HelpData
0x9006d000 - 0x9008fff3  com.apple.DirectoryService.Framework 3.6  
(621) <61569C79-6567-BE8F-4F76-BAC04E5FBF79> /System/Library/ 
Frameworks/DirectoryService.framework/Versions/A/DirectoryService
0x901d1000 - 0x901d1ff7  com.apple.CoreServices 44 (44)  
<AC35D112-5FB9-9C8C-6189-5F5945072375> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/CoreServices
0x901d2000 - 0x9020cfe7  libFontRegistry.dylib ??? (???)  
<EE633CF6-8827-EF05-10A4-5F2937120227> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ATS.framework/ 
Versions/A/Resources/libFontRegistry.dylib
0x9020d000 - 0x9046fff3  com.apple.security 6.0 (36910) <F045B57C-054F- 
F06F-EF7E-EABEC2700274> /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/ 
Versions/A/Security
0x90470000 - 0x9051ffef  com.apple.ColorSync 4.6.0 (4.6.0) <66ABAE86- 
B0EC-D641-913D-08ACA965F9FA> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
ColorSync.framework/Versions/A/ColorSync
0x90520000 - 0x905cdfe7  libobjc.A.dylib ??? (???) <410DD065-A18F- 
F054-0457-65525F4D1039> /usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib
0x905ce000 - 0x905d0ff7  libRadiance.dylib ??? (???)  
<0E03CF64-0931-7B9A-F617-4387B809D6D8> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/ 
Versions/A/Resources/libRadiance.dylib
0x90711000 - 0x90711ff7  com.apple.Cocoa 6.6 (???) <EA27B428-5904- 
B00B-397A-185588698BCC> /System/Library/Frameworks/Cocoa.framework/ 
Versions/A/Cocoa
0x90712000 - 0x90745ff7  com.apple.AE 496 (496) <B638FDD4-7322-F0E4- 
ACEB-777D8A1399E1> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/ 
Versions/A/Frameworks/AE.framework/Versions/A/AE
0x9077e000 - 0x9077eff7  com.apple.Accelerate 1.5 (Accelerate 1.5)  
<F642E7A0-3720-FA19-0190-E6DBD9EF2D9B> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Accelerate
0x9077f000 - 0x90789ffb  com.apple.speech.recognition.framework  
3.10.10 (3.10.10) <E106CC3A-7633-5587-0B29-64E19FCBC613> /System/ 
Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
SpeechRecognition.framework/Versions/A/SpeechRecognition
0x90a7b000 - 0x90ab9ff7  com.apple.QuickLookFramework 2.0 (327.0)  
<84AF77F0-DAFD-DCED-FBD4-DCF827650F44> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
QuickLook.framework/Versions/A/QuickLook
0x90b6f000 - 0x90b6fff7  com.apple.Accelerate.vecLib 3.5 (vecLib 3.5)  
<3E039E14-2A15-56CC-0074-EE59F9FBB913> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/ 
vecLib
0x90f9b000 - 0x91054fe7  libsqlite3.dylib ??? (???)  
<16CEF8E8-8C9A-94CD-EF5D-05477844C005> /usr/lib/libsqlite3.dylib
0x91066000 - 0x9110dfe7  com.apple.CFNetwork 454.4 (454.4)  
<7C563385-9893-3B48-8607-5BC81DA2C4CF> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CFNetwork.framework/ 
Versions/A/CFNetwork
0x9110e000 - 0x91152ff3  com.apple.coreui 0.2 (112)  
<A810DFFD-6314-5E2B-93A4-D5626634B1EE> /System/Library/ 
PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Versions/A/CoreUI
0x91396000 - 0x91518fe7  libicucore.A.dylib ??? (???) <FBB66376- 
CBA9-8149-A1AA-10AB8578C3B3> /usr/lib/libicucore.A.dylib
0x91572000 - 0x9157bff7  com.apple.DiskArbitration 2.3 (2.3) <E9C40767- 
DA6A-6CCB-8B00-2D5706753000> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
DiskArbitration.framework/Versions/A/DiskArbitration
0x9157c000 - 0x9170afff  com.apple.JavaScriptCore 6531 (6531.5)  
<DDDCCE57-42D2-BAA1-63F1-F76458EE0927> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
JavaScriptCore.framework/Versions/A/JavaScriptCore
0x91793000 - 0x91799fff  com.apple.CommonPanels 1.2.4 (91)  
<2438AF5D-067B-B9FD-1248-2C9987F360BA> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CommonPanels.framework/Versions/ 
A/CommonPanels
0x91a0f000 - 0x91c7fffb  com.apple.Foundation 6.6 (751)  
<A61B645E-1A15-5BCA-3043-C8AB85C6AD30> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Foundation
0x91c80000 - 0x91d4afef  com.apple.CoreServices.OSServices 352 (352)  
<D9F21CA4-EED0-705F-8F3C-F1322D114B52> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/OSServices.framework/ 
Versions/A/OSServices
0x91d71000 - 0x92552497  com.apple.CoreGraphics 1.535.5 (???)  
<0B93D29C-D957-AD00-10F3-94112D75D6D9> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/CoreGraphics
0x934e2000 - 0x93518fff  libtidy.A.dylib ??? (???) <DDFAB560-3883- 
A6A2-7BDD-D91730982B48> /usr/lib/libtidy.A.dylib
0x93519000 - 0x93642fe7  com.apple.audio.toolbox.AudioToolbox 1.6  
(1.6) <62BEEBE6-68FC-4A48-91CF-39DA2BD793F1> /System/Library/ 
Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Versions/A/AudioToolbox
0x93643000 - 0x936dbfe7  edu.mit.Kerberos 6.5.8 (6.5.8) <BA9BD282- 
FF56-3BFD-E78C-7DBE73B48480> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Kerberos.framework/Versions/A/Kerberos
0x936dc000 - 0x936dffe7  libmathCommon.A.dylib ??? (???)  
<1622A54F-1A98-2CBE-B6A4-2122981A500E> /usr/lib/system/ 
libmathCommon.A.dylib
0x937c4000 - 0x937ceff7  libCSync.A.dylib ??? (???) <A05BB12D-CD51- 
DE43-323B-3A3E99A3EED5> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libCSync.A.dylib
0x937cf000 - 0x93813fe7  com.apple.Metadata 10.6.0 (507.1)  
<CBD1B22B-5F10-C784-03A2-35106B97DF3F> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Metadata.framework/ 
Versions/A/Metadata
0x93819000 - 0x93819ff7  com.apple.ApplicationServices 38 (38)  
<8012B504-3D83-BFBB-DA65-065E061CFE03> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/ApplicationServices
0x9381a000 - 0x93824ff7  libGL.dylib ??? (???) <B375A3B6-2983- 
A4E4-50FB-9087FD606FD6> /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/ 
Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib
0x93825000 - 0x93836ff7  com.apple.LangAnalysis 1.6.5 (1.6.5)  
<E77440D0-76EE-EB4C-3D00-9EDE417F13CF> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
LangAnalysis.framework/Versions/A/LangAnalysis
0x93837000 - 0x938b7feb  com.apple.SearchKit 1.3.0 (1.3.0) <9E18AEA5- 
F4B4-8BE5-EEA9-818FC4F46FD9> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SearchKit.framework/ 
Versions/A/SearchKit
0x938b8000 - 0x938e9ff7  libGLImage.dylib ??? (???) <0FB347C7- 
A579-4E51-4733-39AB28064554> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLImage.dylib
0x938ea000 - 0x9396cffb  SecurityFoundation ??? (???) <29C27E0E-B2B3- 
BF6B-B1F8-5783B8B01535> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
SecurityFoundation.framework/Versions/A/SecurityFoundation
0x93978000 - 0x93985ff7  com.apple.opengl 1.6.3 (1.6.3) <59D86286-B46F- 
B0E4-68F8-E5CDCADE393E> /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/ 
Versions/A/OpenGL
0x93986000 - 0x939ffff3  com.apple.audio.CoreAudio 3.2.0 (3.2)  
<91AE891E-6015-AABE-3512-2D5EBCA0937B> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreAudio.framework/Versions/A/CoreAudio
0x93a1f000 - 0x93a62ff7  com.apple.NavigationServices 3.5.3 (181)  
<28CDD978-030E-7D4A-5334-874A8EBE6C29> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/NavigationServices.framework/ 
Versions/A/NavigationServices
0x93a98000 - 0x94375ff7  com.apple.AppKit 6.6.1 (1038.2)  
<27C304F6-0045-160B-7591-E57ECF19BDDB> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit
0x94376000 - 0x9451afeb  libSystem.B.dylib ??? (???) <E58B649F-FFDC- 
AB09-2028-8B706BEF7C0F> /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
0x9451b000 - 0x94529fe7  libz.1.dylib ??? (???) <7B7A02AB- 
DA99-6180-880E-D28E4F9AA8EB> /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib
0x9452a000 - 0x9452dff7  libCoreVMClient.dylib ??? (???) <16BB2178- 
B32D-E57E-F1E4-D177F7754232> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libCoreVMClient.dylib
0x9452e000 - 0x94540ff7  com.apple.MultitouchSupport.framework 200.20  
(200.20) <1D7EE15B-ADDD-1F57-F1FB-FB5252910D5A> /System/Library/ 
PrivateFrameworks/MultitouchSupport.framework/Versions/A/ 
MultitouchSupport
0x9454c000 - 0x9463eff7  libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib ??? (???)  
<792B8722-3091-5E9F-E25F-67499CFE0599> /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib
0x94779000 - 0x9477dff7  libGIF.dylib ??? (???) <51848EBF-27D4-0F85- 
C22A-D1AE10D328F3> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/ 
Versions/A/Resources/libGIF.dylib
0x947c3000 - 0x94805fe7  libvDSP.dylib ??? (???)  
<8F8FFFB3-81E3-2969-5688-D5B0979182E6> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/ 
libvDSP.dylib
0x94806000 - 0x94825fe7  com.apple.opencl 11 (11) <372A42E7-FB10-B74D- 
E1A0-980E94D07021> /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/ 
Versions/A/OpenCL
0x949dc000 - 0x94a78fe7  com.apple.ApplicationServices.ATS 4.0 (???)  
<81700C90-2614-F7E2-CC6A-B01C24A2BD75> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ATS.framework/ 
Versions/A/ATS
0x94a79000 - 0x94ab6ff7  com.apple.SystemConfiguration 1.10 (1.10)  
<897AEEAF-CF5D-2843-C33B-31A0A7C98A6A> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
SystemConfiguration.framework/Versions/A/SystemConfiguration
0x94bc5000 - 0x94c6dff7  com.apple.QD 3.31 (???)  
<40FCAC85-4E4F-2290-90D4-F66D550ADFDC> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/QD.framework/ 
Versions/A/QD
0x94c6e000 - 0x94cafff7  libRIP.A.dylib ??? (???) <6DB158C6- 
A84D-98C9-1D48-868A3DB17D09> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libRIP.A.dylib
0x94cb1000 - 0x94d4eff3  com.apple.LaunchServices 360.3 (360.3)  
<C8590D53-E46A-F58A-7CF2-03A8159D8569> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/ 
Versions/A/LaunchServices
0x94d4f000 - 0x94f61fff  com.apple.RawCamera.bundle 2.2.1 (477)  
<10937A0D-0856-1B69-AE27-43BC15B7DD21> /System/Library/CoreServices/ 
RawCamera.bundle/Contents/MacOS/RawCamera
0x94f62000 - 0x94f62ff7  com.apple.Carbon 150 (152) <608A04AB-F35D- 
D2EB-6629-16B88FB32074> /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/ 
Versions/A/Carbon
0x94f63000 - 0x94f66ffb  com.apple.help 1.3.1 (41) <67F1F424-3983-7A2A- 
EC21-867BE838E90B> /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/ 
Versions/A/Frameworks/Help.framework/Versions/A/Help
0x94f67000 - 0x94f7bfe7  libbsm.0.dylib ??? (???) <14CB053A-7C47-96DA- 
E415-0906BA1B78C9> /usr/lib/libbsm.0.dylib
0x95150000 - 0x95473fef  com.apple.HIToolbox 1.6.0 (???)  
<6F95AF67-678A-D8BC-FFC2-029C9AA2F44A> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/ 
HIToolbox
0x954e5000 - 0x95500ff7  libPng.dylib ??? (???) <38DD4AA1-0643-85A0- 
F2F5-EE9269729975> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/ 
Versions/A/Resources/libPng.dylib
0x95501000 - 0x95511ff7  libsasl2.2.dylib ??? (???) <C8744EA3-0AB7- 
CD03-E639-C4F2B910BE5D> /usr/lib/libsasl2.2.dylib
0x9553d000 - 0x95583ff7  libauto.dylib ??? (???) <FAB17F30-A28B- 
E33D-6E21-C7119C9C83ED> /usr/lib/libauto.dylib
0x956de000 - 0x956eaff7  libkxld.dylib ??? (???)  
<152C8DBB-0149-5827-3240-E57CA85CFE5F> /usr/lib/system/libkxld.dylib
0x9576a000 - 0x9576cff7  com.apple.securityhi 4.0 (36638)  
<962C66FB-5BE9-634E-0810-036CB340C059> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SecurityHI.framework/Versions/A/ 
SecurityHI
0x95795000 - 0x95951fef  com.apple.ImageIO.framework 3.0.0 (3.0.0)  
<A37E541F-3D6A-2BE9-AB32-F60CCDE13608> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/ 
Versions/A/ImageIO
0x95952000 - 0x95957ff7  com.apple.OpenDirectory 10.6 (10.6) <92582807- 
E8F3-3DD9-EB42-4195CFB754A1> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
OpenDirectory.framework/Versions/A/OpenDirectory
0x95958000 - 0x9595cff7  libGFXShared.dylib ??? (???) <ED62E870-E219- 
C873-88AA-9CE08108F811> /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/ 
Versions/A/Libraries/libGFXShared.dylib
0x9595d000 - 0x95961ff7  IOSurface ??? (???) <C11D3FF3-EB51-A07D- 
EF24-9C2004115724> /System/Library/Frameworks/IOSurface.framework/ 
Versions/A/IOSurface
0x95c5c000 - 0x95c7aff7  com.apple.CoreVideo 1.6.0 (43.0) <3A853574- 
DD9E-08D8-FD2C-6221B55C3E08> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreVideo.framework/Versions/A/CoreVideo
0x95c7b000 - 0x95ca1fff  com.apple.DictionaryServices 1.1 (1.1)  
<07694B30-56A9-5C98-B8BC-DA0628715FA8> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
DictionaryServices.framework/Versions/A/DictionaryServices
0x95ca2000 - 0x95cd3ff3  libTrueTypeScaler.dylib ??? (???)  
<F326E053-7425-2F10-F883-CBD56A1E1B72> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ATS.framework/ 
Versions/A/Resources/libTrueTypeScaler.dylib
0x95cd4000 - 0x95dd5fe7  libxml2.2.dylib ??? (???)  
<C242A74D-280A-90C3-3F79-891624AA45D2> /usr/lib/libxml2.2.dylib
0x95dd6000 - 0x95de0fe7  com.apple.audio.SoundManager 3.9.3 (3.9.3)  
<5F494955-7290-2D91-DA94-44B590191771> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonSound.framework/Versions/ 
A/CarbonSound
0x95e22000 - 0x95e3efe3  com.apple.openscripting 1.3 (???) <D2FF4419- 
FD71-5D4A-F397-B03E82085232> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/OpenScripting.framework/ 
Versions/A/OpenScripting
0x95e3f000 - 0x95e99ff7  com.apple.framework.IOKit 2.0 (???)  
<7618DDEC-2E3B-9C6E-FDC9-15169E24B4FB> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit
0x95f3d000 - 0x95f61ff7  libJPEG.dylib ??? (???) <265DBF67-994E- 
E320-4CB1-9C3DE792C3B2> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/ 
Versions/A/Resources/libJPEG.dylib
0x95f62000 - 0x95f69fff  com.apple.print.framework.Print 6.0 (237)  
<7A06B15C-B835-096E-7D96-C2FE8F0D21E1> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Print.framework/Versions/A/Print
0x95f6a000 - 0x95ffbfe3  com.apple.print.framework.PrintCore 6.0 (312)  
<C588530A-0F2C-DD72-E308-3B8735125189> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
PrintCore.framework/Versions/A/PrintCore
0x95ffc000 - 0x960aeffb  libFontParser.dylib ??? (???)  
<EB089832-660F-0B34-3AC8-CCDA937987D9> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ATS.framework/ 
Versions/A/Resources/libFontParser.dylib
0x9612a000 - 0x9690ffe7  com.apple.WebCore 6531 (6531.9)  
<F9A9848B-9EB0-B912-49F5-7E8010AF2CF1> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
WebKit.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/WebCore.framework/Versions/A/ 
WebCore
0x96910000 - 0x96c74ff7  com.apple.QuartzCore 1.6.0 (226.0) <7E29DD09- 
BE04-AA06-5C81-5C093F16901B> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
QuartzCore.framework/Versions/A/QuartzCore
0x96c83000 - 0x96c97ffb  com.apple.speech.synthesis.framework 3.10.35  
(3.10.35) <57DD5458-4F24-DA7D-0927-C3321A65D743> /System/Library/ 
Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
SpeechSynthesis.framework/Versions/A/SpeechSynthesis
0x96cf1000 - 0x96dceff7  com.apple.vImage 4.0 (4.0) <64597E4B-F144- 
DBB3-F428-0EC3D9A1219E> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vImage.framework/Versions/A/ 
vImage
0x96ecf000 - 0x96fc5ff7  libGLProgrammability.dylib ??? (???)  
<B8E40851-3A01-7D01-2F96-537BF7FA63B5> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLProgrammability.dylib
0x96fc6000 - 0x96fdeff7  com.apple.CFOpenDirectory 10.6 (10.6)  
<1537FB4F-C112-5D12-1E5D-3B1002A4038F> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
OpenDirectory.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
CFOpenDirectory.framework/Versions/A/CFOpenDirectory
0x97000000 - 0x97064ffb  com.apple.htmlrendering 72 (1.1.4) <4D451A35- 
FAB6-1288-71F6-F24A4B6E2371> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HTMLRendering.framework/ 
Versions/A/HTMLRendering
0x970a6000 - 0x970bbfff  com.apple.ImageCapture 6.0 (6.0)  
<3F31833A-38A9-444E-02B7-17619CA6F2A0> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageCapture.framework/Versions/ 
A/ImageCapture
0x97125000 - 0x97176ff7  com.apple.HIServices 1.8.0 (???) <B8EC13DB- 
A81A-91BF-8C82-66E840C64C91> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
HIServices.framework/Versions/A/HIServices
0x971bd000 - 0x97227fe7  libstdc++.6.dylib ??? (???) <411D87F4- 
B7E1-44EB-F201-F8B4F9227213> /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib
0x97347000 - 0x973b6ff7  libvMisc.dylib ??? (???)  
<59243A8C-2B98-3E71-8032-884D4853E79F> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/ 
libvMisc.dylib
0x973b7000 - 0x97488ff3  ColorSyncDeprecated.dylib ??? (???)  
<AFD6DAC8-12EF-B2A0-5322-E902D5B48B0A> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/ColorSync.framework/Versions/ 
A/Resources/ColorSyncDeprecated.dylib
0x974d1000 - 0x97531fe7  com.apple.CoreText 3.0.0 (???) <8F4FCAE2-8E6F- 
F0DE-A6AA-15D0228B7F13> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreText.framework/ 
Versions/A/CoreText
0x97532000 - 0x97532ff7  liblangid.dylib ??? (???)  
<B99607FC-5646-32C8-2C16-AFB5EA9097C2> /usr/lib/liblangid.dylib
0x97553000 - 0x97573fe7  libresolv.9.dylib ??? (???)  
<A48921CB-3FA7-3071-AF9C-2D86FB493A3A> /usr/lib/libresolv.9.dylib
0x97ced000 - 0x97d36fe7  libTIFF.dylib ??? (???) <6EF87001-6FB4-1405- 
C588-F6D8042D3534> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/ 
Versions/A/Resources/libTIFF.dylib
0x97dd0000 - 0x97dd1ff7  com.apple.TrustEvaluationAgent 1.0 (1)  
<71E2DA16-83EC-6056-FFEE-862A04B5599F> /System/Library/ 
PrivateFrameworks/TrustEvaluationAgent.framework/Versions/A/ 
TrustEvaluationAgent
0x97e4c000 - 0x97f26fff  com.apple.DesktopServices 1.5.1 (1.5.1)  
<D9C18268-699B-A996-1035-4EA3695F4074> /System/Library/ 
PrivateFrameworks/DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/ 
DesktopServicesPriv
0x97f27000 - 0x97fd6ff3  com.apple.ink.framework 1.3 (104) <8526D880- 
D367-3EF9-DBFD-9A6AB240F57A> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Ink.framework/Versions/A/Ink
0x9802e000 - 0x98463ff7  libLAPACK.dylib ??? (???)  
<5E2D2283-57DE-9A49-1DB0-CD027FEFA6C2> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/ 
libLAPACK.dylib
0x9867b000 - 0x987f2fef  com.apple.CoreFoundation 6.6 (550)  
<193E33D6-2E92-3452-773B-60A1A9CCC573> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation
0x987fa000 - 0x987fdff7  libCGXType.A.dylib ??? (???) <3FB5E457-EABF- 
B33E-E01B-C695FB2D72EE> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libCGXType.A.dylib
0x98920000 - 0x98a48fe7  com.apple.CoreData 102 (246)  
<E7E6CE39-9B51-13C8-FE31-8FE57CF7BDE1> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
CoreData.framework/Versions/A/CoreData
0x98a49000 - 0x98a71ff7  libxslt.1.dylib ??? (???) <769EF4B2-C1AD-73D5- 
AAAD-1564DAEA77AF> /usr/lib/libxslt.1.dylib
0x98a72000 - 0x98b55ff7  com.apple.WebKit 6531 (6531.9) <991912FB-1484- 
A0B2-593F-A8722BC6AFE7> /System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/ 
Versions/A/WebKit
0x98b56000 - 0x98e75fe7  com.apple.CoreServices.CarbonCore 859.1  
(859.1) <2E72AF56-4BE6-294A-7372-19C360688B8B> /System/Library/ 
Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ 
CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/CarbonCore
0x98e76000 - 0x98ec6ff7  com.apple.framework.familycontrols 2.0 (2.0)  
<50617342-E578-4C1C-938A-19A37ECA91CA> /System/Library/ 
PrivateFrameworks/FamilyControls.framework/Versions/A/FamilyControls
0x98ef8000 - 0x98f2cff7  libcups.2.dylib ??? (???) <9078BA07-DEE1-6597- 
D15D-7BE3A20CB5A0> /usr/lib/libcups.2.dylib
0x98f2f000 - 0x98f2fff7  com.apple.vecLib 3.5 (vecLib 3.5) <17BEEF92- 
DF30-CD52-FD65-0B7B43B93617> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
vecLib.framework/Versions/A/vecLib
0x98f30000 - 0x98f7dfeb   
com.apple.DirectoryService.PasswordServerFramework 6.0 (6.0) <BF66BA5D- 
BBC8-78A5-DBE2-F9DE3DD1D775> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ 
PasswordServer.framework/Versions/A/PasswordServer
0x98f8d000 - 0x993a3ff7  libBLAS.dylib ??? (???) <C4FB303A-DB4D- 
F9E8-181C-129585E59603> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/ 
libBLAS.dylib
0x993a4000 - 0x993f4fe7  libGLU.dylib ??? (???) <55A69DCE-1237-341E- 
F239-CDFE1F5B19BB> /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/ 
Versions/A/Libraries/libGLU.dylib
0x993f5000 - 0x99402ff7  com.apple.NetFS 3.2 (3.2) <E6FD80B0-0238-0C42- 
A3EC-EBDEC107A1C3> /System/Library/Frameworks/NetFS.framework/Versions/ 
A/NetFS
0x99403000 - 0x9942dff7  com.apple.shortcut 1.1 (1.1) <B0514FA9-7CAE- 
AD94-93CA-7B2A2C5F7B8A> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ 
Shortcut.framework/Versions/A/Shortcut
0x9942e000 - 0x9942fff7  com.apple.audio.units.AudioUnit 1.6 (1.6)  
<68180B96-381C-A09D-5576-606A134FD953> /System/Library/Frameworks/ 
AudioUnit.framework/Versions/A/AudioUnit
0xffff0000 - 0xffff1fff  libSystem.B.dylib ??? (???) <E58B649F-FFDC- 
AB09-2028-8B706BEF7C0F> /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

Model: MacBookPro5,4, BootROM MBP53.00AC.B03, 2 processors, Intel Core  
2 Duo, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB, SMC 1.49f2
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, PCI, 256 MB
Memory Module: global_name
AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x14E4, 0x8D),  
Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (5.10.91.19)
Bluetooth: Version 2.2.1f7, 2 service, 0 devices, 1 incoming serial  
ports
Network Service: AirPort, AirPort, en1
Serial ATA Device: Hitachi HTS545025B9SA02, 232.89 GB
Serial ATA Device: MATSHITADVD-R   UJ-868
USB Device: Internal Memory Card Reader, 0x05ac  (Apple Inc.), 0x8403,  
0x26500000
USB Device: Built-in iSight, 0x05ac  (Apple Inc.), 0x8507, 0x24400000
USB Device: BRCM2046 Hub, 0x0a5c  (Broadcom Corp.), 0x4500, 0x06100000
USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller, 0x05ac  (Apple Inc.),  
0x8213, 0x06110000
USB Device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad, 0x05ac  (Apple Inc.),  
0x0237, 0x04600000
USB Device: IR Receiver, 0x05ac  (Apple Inc.), 0x8242, 0x04500000

In GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.8.0, NS apple-appkit-949.54)
of 2009-08-23 on macbook-rvg.local
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1038
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/opt/local' '--with-ns' '-- 
without-x' 'CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.0' 'CFLAGS=-O2' 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/ 
lib' 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include' 'CPP=/usr/bin/cpp-4.0''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: nil
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: nil
   default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
   tabbar-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   global-auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> M-x C-x C-x <backspace> <backspace> <menu-bar>
<help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
"Hostname custom file ~/.emacs.d/macbook-rvg.local.el"

"macbook-rvg.local"

"default configuration"

For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
kill-region: The mark is not set now, so there is no region
ad-Orig-exchange-point-and-mark: No mark set in this buffer
call-interactively: Beginning of buffer
call-interactively: Beginning of buffer

Rudolph van Graan

Pattern Matched Technologies
Tel. +27 12 665 4618
Fax  +27 12 665 9566
www.patternmatched.com