Subject: LibreJS blocked from restricted domains

From: jahoti <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2021 07:24:00 +0000

Hi!

Using the latest IceCat binaries (v60.7.0) as-is, scripts are allowed to 
run freely on the restricted domains listed in the 
"extensions.webextensions.restrictedDomains" configuration option due to 
limitations imposed on extensions (including LibreJS) for these domains. 
LibreJS cannot even see the script and therefore suggests the page is 
devoid of scripts entirely.

In particular, when visiting to the Developer Hub on addons.mozilla.org 
with a new account and going "submit a new extension" (or "Manage API 
keys"), the user is redirected to an agreement page where seemingly 
non-free initialization scripts for a Google reCAPTCHA will be loaded 
and executed.

Voiding the aforementioned configuration option seems to have some 
effect, but fails to block all scripts from executing on the page 
https://addons.mozilla.org/ and still fails to register anything in the 
pop-up. It hasn't been tested on the offending page above, however. If 
it's any help the problem doesn't seem to affect Tor Browser.

~~~ notrms/jahoti