Subject: 27.1; compiled replace-string breaks repeat-complex-command

From: Allen Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2021 01:04:30 -0800

Interactive commands that act on the region are handled specially such
that when repeated with `repeat-complex-command`, the repeated command
uses the current region rather than the region used for the previous
invocation of the command.

`replace-string` does not respect this; it uses the previous region when
repeated with `repeat-complex-command`.

Note that loading `replace-string` from source (rather than byte
compiled) fixes this problem.  So it's probably a problem with byte
compiled commands.

I swear I filed a bug for this a long time ago, and I can't remember if
it's a regression or it hasn't landed in a release yet.  I can't find
the original bug.

In GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.22, cairo version 1.17.3)
 of 2020-08-28 built on juergen
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12010000
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD JSON
PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix