Subject: [bug#45584] [PATCH 0/2] system: image: Fix root fs corruption from certain u-boot.

From: Caliph Nomble <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2021 23:32:41 +0000

Hi,

> This seems reasonable to me. We could also turn "arm32-disk-image" and
> "arm64-disk-image" into procedures and pass the root offset as argument
> to avoid multiplying image types. Danny, Vagrant, any opinion?

I was originally considering doing something like that, but I was unsure how
that'd interact with --image-type (unless there's another way to specify an
image that I don't know of)? Would there still just be multiple image-types but
with procedural disk-images?

> Were you able to actually use the generated image on a pinebook-pro? I
> added support for this machine without being able to test it.

I just tried to use it on one, but I was unable to get it to boot. I'm not sure
why, exactly, as I didn't have a chance to open it up to enable serial. Could
just be the kernel, seeing as wip-pinebook-pro has its own patched linux-libre
(which I was unable to get working with an inferior on the main branch, but
I don't really know how to use them anyway).

I did, however, test these changes on a rockpro64 (both pinebook-pro and
rockpro64 use the rk3399 SoC), and it did fix fs corruption preventing proper
boot.

Thanks!