Subject: Re: bug#45582: 28: auto-fill final line of indented paragraph

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 16:48:13 +0100

Boruch Baum <[email-masked]> writes:

>> IOW, I don't think there's a bug here. But if there is a bug, please
>> tell what behavior you expected and why.
>
> The default contents of the scratch buffer read: "This buffer is for
> text that is not saved ..." so any newcomer to emacs gets the indication
> that _text_ typed here will be treated as text (and yes lisp typed here
> will be treated as lisp), and people expect text paragraphs not to have
> their final line be out-dented *after* completion. Any newcomer to emacs
> will clearly consider this a bug. I also do consider it a bug.

It says

;; This buffer is for text that is not saved, and for Lisp evaluation.

so the user should be expecting this to be a non-normal (i.e., not a
text-mode) buffer.

So I agree with Eli -- this isn't a bug, and I'm closing this bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no