Subject: 28.0.50 [native-comp] some functions in eshell stop functioning after commit 0593f478762437e2a8618f3f874a26424e4590b4

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2020 20:37:31 +0000

Hi,

on and after commit 0593f478762437e2a8618f3f874a26424e4590b4 of feature/native-comp branch, some of eshell's features/functions (such as syntax highlight according to file types and exit function) stop working or not working properly after loaded from eln, as the screenshot in the first attachment shows.

For comparison, the second attachment is a screenshot of a build on commit 3f00d666e9674ba18f1ded490a27ac2868a32a88, which shows eshell loaded from eln working properly without issues.

Thanks,
Kiong-Ge.

------

System info:

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.24, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2020-12-31 built on Sid2KGW0
Repository revision: 0593f478762437e2a8618f3f874a26424e4590b4
Repository branch: HEAD
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/kiong-ge/.local/emacs/native-comp
 --enable-check-lisp-object-type --enable-link-time-optimization
 --with-modules --with-xwidgets --with-cairo --with-nativecomp
 --with-mailutils'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES NATIVE_COMP THREADS
XWIDGETS LIBSYSTEMD JSON PDUMPER LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Eshell

Minor modes in effect:
  eshell-prompt-mode: t
  eshell-hist-mode: t
  eshell-pred-mode: t
  eshell-cmpl-mode: t
  pyvenv-mode: t
  eshell-proc-mode: t
  eshell-arg-mode: t
  sly-symbol-completion-mode: t
  dap-ui-mode: t
  treemacs-filewatch-mode: t
  treemacs-follow-mode: t
  treemacs-git-mode: deferred
  treemacs-fringe-indicator-mode: t
  dap-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  doom-modeline-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/kiong-ge/.config/emacs/28/elpa/lispy-20201226.1746/elpa hides /home/kiong-ge/.config/emacs/28/elpa/ivy-20201218.1222/elpa

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr base16-unikitty-light-theme
em-unix em-term em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob
em-dirs esh-var em-cmpl em-basic em-banner em-alias esh-mode mule-util
rainbow-delimiters elec-pair base16-atelier-forest-light-theme my-init
configs wrtng-configs cj5input-dvorak-ergonomic quail imath imaxima
maxima maxima-font-lock imaxima-autoconf-variables cl prgmg-configs
highlight-indentation company-capf elpy elpy-rpc pyvenv eshell esh-cmd
esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util
elpy-shell elpy-profile elpy-django elpy-refactor diff-mode python ido
rust-mode dap-java lsp-java request autorevert mail-utils cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs google-c-style haskell-mode haskell-cabal haskell-utils
haskell-font-lock haskell-indentation haskell-string
haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme haskell-align-imports
haskell-complete-module haskell-ghc-support flymake-proc flymake dabbrev
haskell-customize le-clojure cider-find cider tramp-sh cider-debug
cider-browse-ns cider-mode cider-inspector cider-completion
cider-profile cider-eval cider-repl-history cider-repl cider-resolve
cider-test cider-overlays cider-stacktrace cider-doc cider-browse-spec
cider-clojuredocs cider-eldoc cider-client cider-common cider-connection
cider-util cider-popup sesman-browser nrepl-client tramp tramp-loaddefs
trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat parse-time iso8601
time-date ls-lisp format-spec queue nrepl-dict cider-compat sesman vc
vc-dispatcher clojure-mode lisp-mnt align parseedn parseclj-parser
parseclj-lex a geiser sly sly-completion sly-buttons sly-messages
sly-common apropos slime arc-mode archive-mode hyperspec lispy swiper
ivy ivy-faces ivy-overlay colir delsel lispy-inline avy etags fileloop
generator edebug backtrace help-fns radix-tree lispy-tags mode-local
dap-ui lsp-treemacs lsp-treemacs-themes treemacs treemacs-header-line
treemacs-compatibility treemacs-mode treemacs-bookmarks treemacs-tags
treemacs-interface treemacs-extensions treemacs-persistence
treemacs-filewatch-mode treemacs-follow-mode treemacs-rendering
treemacs-async treemacs-workspaces treemacs-dom treemacs-visuals
treemacs-fringe-indicator treemacs-scope pulse treemacs-faces
treemacs-icons treemacs-themes treemacs-core-utils pfuture hl-line
treemacs-logging treemacs-customization treemacs-macros gdb-mi gud bui
bui-list bui-info bui-entry bui-core bui-history bui-button bui-utils
cus-edit cus-start cus-load lsp-lens dap-mode dap-launch posframe
dap-overlays lsp-ui lsp-ui-flycheck derived lsp-ui-doc xwidget bookmark
pp goto-addr lsp-ui-imenu lsp-ui-peek lsp-ui-sideline face-remap
flycheck find-func company-lsp company hydra lsp-mode lsp-protocol xref
project tree-widget wid-edit spinner network-stream puny nsm rmc
markdown-mode color noutline outline lv inline imenu ht filenotify ewoc
dash-functional bindat yasnippet projectile grep compile
text-property-search ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs thingatpt
ui-configs multi-term eterm-256color term disp-table shell pcomplete
ehelp comint ansi-color ring xterm-color base16-default-light-theme
base16-theme doom-modeline doom-modeline-segments doom-modeline-env
doom-modeline-core shrink-path f s all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces
data-material data-weathericons data-octicons data-fileicons
data-faicons data-alltheicons memoize load-theme-buffer-local noflet
cl-indent paren dash edmacro kmacro gnl-configs advice dired+
image-dired image-mode exif image-file image-converter dired-x dired-aux
dired dired-loaddefs use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight
use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode
use-package-core finder-inf slime-autoloads info package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source eieio
eieio-core eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map url-vars comp
comp-cstr warnings subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs cl-extra help-mode easymenu
seq byte-opt gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib bytecomp byte-compile cconv
iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face pcase macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
xwidget-internal dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit
x multi-tty make-network-process nativecomp emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1094351 509735)
 (symbols 48 52927 81)
 (strings 32 303653 190518)
 (string-bytes 1 7675860)
 (vectors 16 148515)
 (vector-slots 8 1662689 710346)
 (floats 8 1177 4055)
 (intervals 56 1454 976)
 (buffers 984 15))

-----