Subject: 27.1; add-change-log-entry erroneously removes "const" from function name

From: Tom Tromey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2020 16:11:41 -0700

Put this into a .c file:

void
const_ref ()
{
}

Now, put point inside the braces and M-x add-change-log-entry.

For me the resulting ChangeLog looks like:

2020-12-30  Tom Tromey  <[email-masked]>

	* q.c (_ref): 

Note that the "const" was removed.
However, it should not be removed here, as it is part of the function's
name.

In GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.21, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2020-08-20 built on buildvm-x86-24.iad2.fedoraproject.org
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.12010000
System Description: Fedora 32 (Workstation Edition)

Recent messages:
Saving file /tmp/q.c...
Wrote /tmp/q.c
Quit
C-c a runs the command tromey-add-change-log-entry
Undo [3 times]
Redo [2 times]
C-x C-g is undefined
Quit
Scanning for dabbrevs...done
user-error: No dynamic expansion for ‘add-changelo’ found

Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
 --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
 --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png
 --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-gpm=no --with-xwidgets --with-modules --with-harfbuzz
 --with-cairo --with-json build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g
 -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong
 -grecord-gcc-switches -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -m64 -mtune=generic
 -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS
LIBSYSTEMD JSON PDUMPER GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Change Log

Minor modes in effect:
  flyspell-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/bubbles-0.5/bubbles hides /usr/share/emacs/27.1/lisp/play/bubbles

Features:
(shadow mail-hist emacsbug flow-fill tcl shr-color mm-archive sh-script
smie executable rect copyright dabbrev goto-addr ggtags hippie-exp etags
fileloop generator xref project bug-reference smerge-mode diff cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds term/xterm xterm apropos mule-diag
descr-text sort smiley gnus-cite mail-extr gnus-bcklg gnus-async qp
gnus-ml disp-table gnus-topic nndraft nnmh nnfolder utf-7 gnutls
network-stream nsm gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig nntp
gnus-cache gnus-sum url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history mailcap shr url-cookie url-domsuf url-util svg xml dom
gnus-group gnus-undo smtpmail sendmail gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message
rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg
epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums text-property-search
mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr two-column iso-transl help-fns radix-tree
log-view pcvs-util vc-mtn vc-hg cl-extra help-mode vc-git diff-mode
vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs misearch multi-isearch
add-log flyspell ispell diminish projectile ibuf-macs pcase edmacro
kmacro grep compile ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs dash appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell
pcomplete parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp which-func imenu minimap
autorevert filenotify cus-start cus-load erc-track erc-match
erc-services erc-networks erc-hl-nicks easy-mmode color erc-button
erc-fill erc-stamp wid-edit erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat
format-spec thingatpt pp erc-loaddefs warnings advice vc-dir ewoc vc
vc-dispatcher cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ange-ftp
comint ansi-color ring server savehist finder-inf gdb-shell-autoloads
lisppaste-autoloads pydoc-info-autoloads info-look info cl
weblogger-autoloads package easymenu browse-url url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting xwidget-internal cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1344143 98632)
 (symbols 48 71080 17)
 (strings 32 190276 19842)
 (string-bytes 1 6368664)
 (vectors 16 83075)
 (vector-slots 8 2440137 207780)
 (floats 8 448 669)
 (intervals 56 185659 164)
 (buffers 1000 464))