Subject: Re: [wishlist] Packaging GWT

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2020 17:22:53 +0100

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> writes:

> The “lib” directory contains a large number of Jars that are expected to
> be available when building GWT.  It is not clear if all of these
> libraries are needed to compile GWT.  Let’s not think about this now and
> just package as many of them as possible, leaving the difficult ones for
> later.
>
> The bad news is that there are 352 jars.  The good news is that we
> already have a few of these packages and that there are a few duplicates
> providing different versions of the same tools.
>
> One of the dependencies is the Google Closure Compiler (for
> com.google.javascript.jscomp); progress on packaging it is tracked in
> issue #45554.

I tried to whittle down the list of jars by removing all but one version
of each dependency; I also removed source jars, which we won’t have to
build.  I also removed all the Google Closure Compiler jars, because we
work on those separately.

Here’s the list:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
tools/lib/apache/ant-1.7.1.jar
tools/lib/apache/ant-zipscanner/ant-zipscanner-1.6.5-1-rebased.jar
tools/lib/apache/commons/commons-codec-1.10.jar
tools/lib/apache/commons/commons-collections-3.2.2.jar
tools/lib/apache/commons/commons-httpclient-3.1.jar
tools/lib/apache/commons/commons-io-2.4.jar
tools/lib/apache/commons/commons-lang-2.6.jar
tools/lib/apache/commons/commons-lang3-3.4.jar
tools/lib/apache/commons/commons-logging-1.2.jar
tools/lib/apache/http/httpclient-4.5.1.jar
tools/lib/apache/http/httpcore-4.4.4.jar
tools/lib/apache/http/httpmime-4.5.1.jar
tools/lib/apache/james/apache-mime4j-0.6.jar
tools/lib/apache/log4j/log4j-1.2.17.jar
tools/lib/apache/tapestry-util-text-4.0.2.jar
tools/lib/cglib/cglib-3.1.jar
tools/lib/cldr/34/cldr.jar
tools/lib/cldr/34/icu4j.jar
tools/lib/cldr/34/utilities.jar
tools/lib/colt/colt-1.2.jar
tools/lib/cssparser/cssparser-0.9.18.jar
tools/lib/cup/java-cup-11a.jar
tools/lib/cup/java-cup-11a-src.jar
tools/lib/easymock/easymock-3.0.jar
tools/lib/easymock/easymockclassextension-3.0.jar
tools/lib/eclipse/jdt-3.10.0.jar
tools/lib/eclipse/jdtCompilerAdapter_3.18.0.v20190522-0428.jar
tools/lib/eclipse/org.eclipse.jdt.core_3.18.0.v20190522-0428.jar
tools/lib/eclipse/org.eclipse.swt.carbon-macosx-3.2.1.jar
tools/lib/eclipse/org.eclipse.swt.gtk-linux-3.2.1.jar
tools/lib/eclipse/org.eclipse.swt.win32-win32-3.2.1.jar
tools/lib/errorprone/error_prone_ant-2.1.2.jar
tools/lib/gson/gson-2.6.2.jar
tools/lib/gss/2015-11-04/closure-stylesheets-library-20151104.jar
tools/lib/gss/2015-11-04/closure-stylesheets-library-20151104-rebased.jar
tools/lib/guava/guava-19.0/guava-19.0.jar
tools/lib/guava/guava-19.0/guava-19.0-rebased.jar
tools/lib/hibernate/validator/hibernate-validator-4.3.2.Final.jar
tools/lib/hibernate/validator/tck/jsr303-tck-1.0.3.GA.jar
tools/lib/htmlunit/htmlunit-2.19/htmlunit-2.19.jar
tools/lib/htmlunit/htmlunit-2.19/htmlunit-core-js-2.15.jar
tools/lib/htmlunit/htmlunit-2.19/htmlunit-core-js-2.17.jar
tools/lib/icu4j/63.1/icu4j-charset.jar
tools/lib/icu4j/63.1/icu4j.jar
tools/lib/icu4j/63.1/icu4j-localespi.jar
tools/lib/icu4j/63.1/utilities.jar
tools/lib/icu4j/icu4j-4_4_1.jar
tools/lib/javaswf/javaswf-20050404.jar
tools/lib/javax/activation/activation-1.1.jar
tools/lib/javax/validation/validation-api-1.0.0.GA.jar
tools/lib/javax/xml/bind/jaxb-api-2.1.jar
tools/lib/javax/xml/stream/stax-api-1.0-2.jar
tools/lib/jboss/test-audit/jboss-test-audit-api-1.0.0.jar
tools/lib/jboss/test-harness/jboss-test-harness-1.0.0.jar
tools/lib/jboss/test-harness/jboss-test-harness-api-1.0.0.jar
tools/lib/jetty/jetty-9.2.14.v20151106/jetty-all-9.2.14.v20151106.jar
tools/lib/jetty/jetty-9.2.14.v20151106/jetty-apache-jsp-9.2.14.v20151106.jar
tools/lib/jetty/jetty-9.2.14.v20151106/mortbay-apache-el-8.0.9.M3.jar
tools/lib/jetty/jetty-9.2.14.v20151106/mortbay-apache-jsp-8.0.9.M3.jar
tools/lib/jfreechart/itext-1.4.6.jar
tools/lib/jfreechart/jcommon-1.0.6.jar
tools/lib/jfreechart/jfreechart-1.0.3.jar
tools/lib/jsinterop/jsinterop-annotations-2.0.0.jar
tools/lib/json/android-sdk-19.1/json-android.jar
tools/lib/json/android-sdk-19.1/json-android-rebased.jar
tools/lib/jsr305/jsr305.jar
tools/lib/junit/junit-4.8.2.jar
tools/lib/mockito/1.9.5/mockito-all-1.9.5.jar
tools/lib/nekohtml/nekohtml-1.9.22.jar
tools/lib/oauth/oauth-20100601.jar
tools/lib/oauth/oauth-consumer-20100601.jar
tools/lib/oauth/oauth-httpclient4-20100601.jar
tools/lib/oauth/oauth-provider-20100601.jar
tools/lib/objectweb/asm-7.1/asm-7.1.jar
tools/lib/objectweb/asm-7.1/asm-commons-7.1.jar
tools/lib/objectweb/asm-7.1/asm-util-7.1.jar
tools/lib/objectweb/asm-analysis-3.1.jar
tools/lib/objectweb/asm-commons-3.1.jar
tools/lib/objectweb/asm-tree-3.1.jar
tools/lib/objectweb/asm-util-3.1.jar
tools/lib/objectweb/asm-xml-3.1.jar
tools/lib/objenesis/objenesis-1.2.jar
tools/lib/protobuf/protobuf-2.5.0/protobuf-java-2.5.0.jar
tools/lib/protobuf/protobuf-2.5.0/protobuf-java-rebased-2.5.0.jar
tools/lib/requestfactory/requestfactory-apt-2011-08-18.jar
tools/lib/requestfactory/requestfactory-apt-2.5.1.jar
tools/lib/requestfactory/requestfactory-apt.jar
tools/lib/selenium/1.0.1/selenium-java-client-driver.jar
tools/lib/selenium/1.0.1/selenium-server.jar
tools/lib/selenium/selenium-java-client-driver.jar
tools/lib/selenium/selenium-server.jar
tools/lib/slf4j/slf4j-api/slf4j-api-1.7.12.jar
tools/lib/slf4j/slf4j-log4j12/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.12.jar
tools/lib/streamhtmlparser/streamhtmlparser-jsilver-r10/streamhtmlparser-jsilver-r10-1.5.jar
tools/lib/streamhtmlparser/streamhtmlparser-jsilver-r10/streamhtmlparser-jsilver-r10-1.5-rebased.jar
tools/lib/streamhtmlparser/streamhtmlparser-jsilver-r10/streamhtmlparser-jsilver-r10.jar
tools/lib/streamhtmlparser/streamhtmlparser-jsilver-r10/streamhtmlparser-jsilver-r10-rebased.jar
tools/lib/sun/jaxb/jaxb-impl-2.1.3.jar
tools/lib/sun/swingworker/swing-worker-1.1.jar
tools/lib/testng/testng-5.14.1.jar
tools/lib/tomcat/ant-launcher-1.7.1.jar
tools/lib/tomcat/catalina-1.0.jar
tools/lib/tomcat/catalina-optional-1.0.jar
tools/lib/tomcat/commons-beanutils-1.6.jar
tools/lib/tomcat/commons-collections-3.1.jar
tools/lib/tomcat/commons-digester-1.5.jar
tools/lib/tomcat/commons-el-1.0.jar
tools/lib/tomcat/commons-logging-1.0.jar
tools/lib/tomcat/commons-modeler-1.1.jar
tools/lib/tomcat/jakarta-regexp-1.3.jar
tools/lib/tomcat/jasper-compiler-1.0.jar
tools/lib/tomcat/jasper-runtime-1.0.jar
tools/lib/tomcat/jsp-api-2.0.jar
tools/lib/tomcat/jsp-api-2.1.jar
tools/lib/tomcat/mx4j-jmx-1.1.jar
tools/lib/tomcat/naming-common-1.0.jar
tools/lib/tomcat/naming-factory-1.0.jar
tools/lib/tomcat/naming-java-1.0.jar
tools/lib/tomcat/naming-resources-1.0.jar
tools/lib/tomcat/servlet-api-2.4.jar
tools/lib/tomcat/servlet-api-2.5.jar
tools/lib/tomcat/servlets-common-1.0.jar
tools/lib/tomcat/servlets-default-1.0.jar
tools/lib/tomcat/servlets-invoker-1.0.jar
tools/lib/tomcat/tomcat-annotations-api-8.0.28.jar
tools/lib/tomcat/tomcat-coyote-1.0.jar
tools/lib/tomcat/tomcat-http11-1.0.jar
tools/lib/tomcat/tomcat-jk2-2.1.jar
tools/lib/tomcat/tomcat-servlet-api-8.0.28.jar
tools/lib/tomcat/tomcat-util-5.1.jar
tools/lib/tomcat/tomcat-websocket-api-8.0.28.jar
tools/lib/tonicsystems/jarjar-1.0rc8.jar
tools/lib/w3c/flute/flute-1.3-gg1.jar
tools/lib/w3c/flute/flute-1.3-gg2.jar
tools/lib/w3c/flute/flute-1.3.jar
tools/lib/w3c/sac/sac-1.3.jar
tools/lib/xalan/xalan-2.7.1.jar
tools/lib/xerces/xerces-2_11_0/serializer-2.7.1.jar
tools/lib/xerces/xerces-2_11_0/xercesImpl-2.11.0.jar
tools/lib/xerces/xerces-2_11_0/xml-apis-1.4.01.jar
tools/lib/xerces/xml-apis-2.0.2.jar
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

-- 
Ricardo