Subject: Re: bug#45543: 26.3; Segmentation Fault on mu4e

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2020 18:36:52 +0200

[Please use Reply All to keep the bug address on the CC list.]

> From: Partha Pratim Ghosh <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2020 17:46:23 +0200
> 
> Dear Eli,
> 
> Please accept my thanks for your advice.
> 
> Please note: my locale is bn_IN, I use bengali in my Org diaries...,
> and thus is it true without m17n library rendering of bengali script
> would still be possible?

Yes.  Emacs 27 and later uses the HarfBuzz library as its main
text-shaping engine; HarfBuzz is perfectly capable of rendering the
bengali script, probably better that m17n.  HarfBuzz is also actively
developed, so if you discover a problem, we can get it fixed much
faster.

> Also, for a newer version of Emacs, please let me know if I should give
> xwidget a try to allow for web browsing from emacs itself.

You can.  But xwidget is a separate feature, so you don't need to use
it for rendering the bengali script, and it is not a mandatory
requirement for using Emacs 27.