Subject: Re: [bug#45531] [PATCH] gnu: hdf5: Update to 1.12.0.

From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2021 14:32:59 +0200

On Tue, Jan 05, 2021 at 10:34:36AM +0100, Vincent Legoll wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 7:35 PM zimoun <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > Please check that all the packages depending on hdf5-1.10 correctly
> > build with 1.12.0, for example: freecad, libmedfile, etc.
> >
> > And also hdf5-parallel-openmpi which inherits from, so packages
> > depending on that too.
> 
> Is this specific to that package or should I always rebuild all the
> dependencies (& their dependencies) for each package update ?
> 

The packages which share a source should definitely be tested out. As
far as ones that depend on them test them out to your best ability. It
normally depends on computing power and whether they built previously or
not.

Some package groups have special needs. rust packages only really need
to pass their build phase, and anything that depends on them should just
keep working. I've never gotten a good result from java packages so I'll
build those out to the very end. Due to the way python works it can be
hit-or-miss.

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   אפרים פלשנר
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted