Subject: Re: bug#45521: 13.0.0; C-c C-c gives "Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p, nil"

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2020 09:01:30 +0100

Uwe Siart <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Uwe,

> Not that I know of. I've attached my .emacs (therefore not cc'ed to
> the list) and a file that issues the error.

Thanks, I've now added the list and the bug to Cc again.

> This is how I load AUCTeX in my site-start.el
>
> (setq TeX-auto-save t)
> (setq TeX-parse-self t)
> (setq-default TeX-master nil)
> (setq TeX-auto-untabify t)

I still can't reproduce the issue with my testuser account using emacs
27.1, auctex-13.0.0 or 13.0.1, your .emacs (with the windows-specific
parts removed), the above 4 lines in ~/.emacs.d/site-start.el, and your
testdoc.tex.

Does `M-x list-load-path-shadows RET' list something?  (Maybe there's a
leftover from an old auctex install.)

Otherwise, are you able to operate edebug?  If so, please `edebug-defun'
`TeX-active-master-with-quotes', and tell me which expression signals
the error.  If it's really

        (setq TeX-expand-pos
              (+ TeX-expand-pos (length res)))

as I suspected, then you'd probably need to edebug `TeX-command-expand'
to see why `TeX-expand-pos' stays nil rather than being set to an
integer.

Bye,
Tassilo