Subject: 28.0.50; mode-line-compact doesn't do text properties

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2020 05:04:16 +0100

I thought the issue was with `format-mode-line', but that function does
return text properties as ordered (I think).  Instead the issue is that
display_string doesn't do anything with the text properties?

If this can't be fixed somewhat easily, I guess I'll revert the
mode-line-compact change, because it's pretty useless without text
properties, but I don't have the time right now to investigate, so I'm
reporting this as a bug to remind myself (or anybody else who feels like
having a look).

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 59, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.23, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2020-12-23 built on xo
Repository revision: 22c1f00d997d38ba0c453da5f5e9c526d0ac05b0
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12008000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no