Subject: Re: bug#45518: Ctrl-G Fails to Interrupt Hung Tramp Remote-Compile in Emacs 27.1

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2021 19:30:27 +0100

Version: 28.1

Duncan Greatwood <[email-masked]> writes:

> Michael -

Hi Duncan,

> As you predicted, the issue does *not* show-up once
> tramp-use-ssh-controlmaster-options has been reset to nil like this.

Thanks for confirmation! I've pushed a respective patch to Tramp, as
promised it will appear with Tramp 2.5.0.3. If you are curious, you can
check it here: <https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=6c60ecd2d632ad41851e91cc53036a679c391194>.

Until Tramp 2.5.0.3 is released, you can still use the workaround
(setting tramp-use-ssh-controlmaster-options to nil), or you can apply
the patch, as you like.

> This was using the version of tramp that ships with emacs 27.1. The
> compile.el patch we discussed earlier is applied.

Thanks for the reminder: this patch isn't needed anymore.

I'm closing the bug.

> Best regards,
> Duncan.

Best regards, Michael.