Subject: Re: bug#45518: Ctrl-G Fails to Interrupt Hung Tramp Remote-Compile in Emacs 27.1

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 21:49:01 +0100

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Duncan,

> However, I believe the problem didn't exist in Tramp 2.3.1; Tramp 2.3.2
> shows the regression. Compatibility issues hinder me to bisect better,
> so I have started to compare both code bases. I hope to find the problem
> this way, and I hope to fix it then for you and the other Tramp users.

Bisecting has been harder than expected, due to several reasons. At
least I have found the first problematic commit in Emacs, it is
6de77cfa9da18c5e3765c6202b61cef86409e130.

I will still need some time to find a final solution, but for the time
being you could set tramp-use-ssh-controlmaster-options to nil before
you open a remote connection. This shall prevent the problem. I would
appreciate if you could confirm this.

Now I have nailed the problem, I'm quite optmistic to solve it until
release of Tramp 2.5.0.3, scheduled for end of the month.

>> Duncan.

Best regards, Michael.