Subject: Re: bug#45518: Ctrl-G Fails to Interrupt Hung Tramp Remote-Compile in Emacs 27.1

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2020 11:36:30 +0100

Duncan Greatwood <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Duncan,

> In emacs 26.2, Ctrl-G (usually ctrl-g three times) would interrupt the
> hung Tramp window, and indeed cause the errors to be displayed in the
> window as best as Tramp is able.
>
> In emacs 27.1, Ctrl-G does nothing in this
> "tramp-hung-while-compiling" situation. I also tried ctrl-c ctrl-c,
> but that also does nothing. It appears that the only way to kill the
> hung Tramp compile is to force-quit emacs as a whole at the OS level.

Well, in this area several changes have been applied since Emacs 27.1
has been released. Could you, pls, try the Tramp ELPA version (2.5.0)?
Even if it still blocks Emacs, there is a new option to write Tramp
traces to file. This would help us to find the culprit, if still
evident.

> Thanks as always.
> D.

Best regards, Michael.