Subject: Re: bug#45518: Ctrl-G Fails to Interrupt Hung Tramp Remote-Compile in Emacs 27.1

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 15:15:34 +0100

Duncan Greatwood <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Michael -

Hi Duncan,

> [DG] I have applied the patch to tramp-integration.el. The earlier
> patch in this thread (to compile.el, fixing the main hang) was also
> applied.
>
> Unfortunately, the symptoms for this secondary "minor" hang are
> unchanged for me.

I've tried it with a modified Emacs 27.1 (compile.el), it works for me.

> I looked at ./Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tramp-integration.elc inside
> /Applications/Emacs.app and it seemed to contain the patch as expected
> - at least it contains the string:
>     Don't allow remote file operations while compiling
> I'm not sure what's up, but LMK if there's anything I can do.

You might check, whether the patch has applied at runtime. Check,
whether the two functions are defined: 'C-h f tramp-compile-advice-add'
and 'C-h f tramp-compile-advice-remove'. Well, the function names are
silly; I shall give them better names when pushing the patch.

Check, whether the two hook variables have changed: 'C-h v
compilation-start-hook' (should contain tramp-compile-advice-add) and
'C-h v compilation-finish-functions' (should contain
tramp-compile-advice-remove).

Best regards, Michael.