Subject: bug#45518: Ctrl-G Fails to Interrupt Hung Tramp Remote-Compile in Emacs 27.1

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 09:53:02 +0100

Duncan Greatwood <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Michael -

Hi Duncan,

> Good news! The patch for compile.el, applied to Emacs 27.1, fixes the
> issue of the tramp window hanging in my test cases, running tramp from
> MAC.

Thanks for the feedback. I've pushed the patch to Emacs' master branch
(aka Emacs 28.0.50). For Emacs 27.2 it is too late, it is already in
pretest, and only fixes for serious regression bugs are possible.

> There is still one tramp hanging issue I saw in my testing. This is a
> much less serious issue (pressing ctrl-G once "unhangs"), but thought
> I'd mention it here. LMK if you'd prefer a separate bug report and
> I'll create one.

I will have a look on this next days, as time permits. No, I don't need
a new bug report.

> Thanks again for fixing the main hanging issue!
> Duncan.

Best regards, Michael.