Subject: Re: bug#45518: Ctrl-G Fails to Interrupt Hung Tramp Remote-Compile in Emacs 27.1

From: Duncan Greatwood <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 08:52:27 -0800

Hi Michael -

Thanks for trying.

Is there a way for me to capture any trace, call-stack or similar when the
emacs window is in the tramp-hung state? I could share that back to you, if
practical.

Alternatively, if you had time and could spend the few $s (it's "pay as you
go"), you could try from a Mac on Amazon.
https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/instance-types/mac/

Finally, presuming we can't fix the underlying issue on mac, do you know
approximately when the version of tramp that fixes the "Ctrl-G x3 Fails to
Interrupt Hung Tramp" issue will make it to release? The December 29th
version I tried coupled with emacs 27.1 seemed to fix the ctrl-g issue but
otherwise was quite inclined to crash-and-exit emacs. I know the tramp
version I tried is an alpha so no problem, just wondering when it may reach
general release?

Regards,
Duncan.