Subject: Re: bug#45518: Ctrl-G Fails to Interrupt Hung Tramp Remote-Compile in Emacs 27.1

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2021 11:27:21 +0100

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Duncan,

>> Is there anything I can do that would help diagnose / pinpoint or
>> whatever? Either with the ctrl-gx3 matter, or indeed with the
>> underlying hang in the tramp compile window which requires the use of
>> ctrl-gx3.
>
> I will try to reproduce it locally. Since I don't know where to start
> with debugging, I cant give you instructions for this yet.

I've tried to trigger this error, but I cannot. Calling "M-x compile",
and invoking "gcc test.cpp" then, returns immediately with one error
message:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
-*- mode: compilation; default-directory: "/ssh:detlef:/home/albinus/tmp/" -*-
Compilation started at Sun Jan  3 11:23:16

gcc test.cpp
test.cpp:2:13: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘(’ token
    2 |   DummyClass(
      |             ^

Compilation exited abnormally with code 1 at Sun Jan  3 11:23:16
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

What does it need to hang Emacs/Tramp, compiling this file?

>> Best regards,
>> Duncan

Best regards, Michael.