Subject: bug#45502: [PATCH] Prettier key bindings in NS menu entries

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2020 12:46:52 +0000

On Wed, Dec 30, 2020 at 01:19:48PM +0100, Mattias Engdegård wrote:
> 30 dec. 2020 kl. 00.49 skrev Alan Third <[email-masked]>:
> 
> (By the way, 'chording' isn't quite the same as a multi-key
> sequence; chords are rather simultaneous presses, like C-M-x, no? To
> continue a musical metaphor, perhaps an Emacs key sequence is an
> arpeggio?)

Good point. I thought about it for a while and wasn't really sure what
to write, so my comment wasn't very good even ignoring that. :)

> Here is a slightly less ugly variant of the symbol substitution
> patch. Maybe we should apply it and see if there are any complaints,
> or if we turn against it ourselves later on?

It looks good to me, so I see no reason not to apply it and see if
anyone complains.

Oh, I noticed that the Mark menu in dired has the Help menu search
entry. I guess I've missed something somewhere. I wondered if that was
set somewhere but couldn't see any reference to it so assumed macOS
was doing something clever when it saw a "Help" top level submenu...

BTW, this isn't a comment on your code, I'm just curious. I notice you
use C functions within Obj C classes where I would probably have just
created another method. Is that just because they're dealing with C
code exclusively or something else?

-- 
Alan Third