Subject: bug#45502: [PATCH] Prettier key bindings in NS menu entries

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2020 15:50:34 +0000

On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 03:41:03PM +0100, Mattias Engdegård wrote:
> 29 dec. 2020 kl. 14.53 skrev Alan Third <[email-masked]>:
> 
> > Looks good. As I understand it GNUstep doesn't need this fix, so
> > please make it Cocoa only.
> 
> Will do, but what do you mean by not needing it -- does it do any
> harm, given that GNUstep menus do not appear to be working anyway? I
> have no GNUstep system to try it on so I don't know if it will even
> build.

As far as I'm aware GNUstep is able to display the bindings correctly
no matter how many characters they have, so we don't need the
work-around. And I'm hoping that we'll be able to get GNUstep menus
working again in the future.

I think the problem is something to do with drawing the frame rather
than a problem with building the menus. But I could be wrong.

> > There's also the problem that we allow setting the left and right
> > modifiers separately, so option or command may not match both keys.
> 
> That's true. Maybe a hybrid like M-↓ or C-⌫ is still fine though
> since the symbols are very recognisable -- I'll give it a go.

Yes, I think so.
-- 
Alan Third